The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

31 minutes ago, Apsham said:

The system itself has finally hit "walk in and grab one anytime" levels around here now. There was a big push for stock after E3 in time for Splatoon 2 - which has apparently already outsold BOTH Breath Of The Wild and ARMS combined in Japan. 

That's quite remarkable if it's true. I'm not surprised about ARMS, but hadn't Zelda sold more copies than the Switch itself at one point?

20 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

That's quite remarkable if it's true. I'm not surprised about ARMS, but hadn't Zelda sold more copies than the Switch itself at one point?

Apparently in its first three DAYS 671,000 physical copies were sold in Japan of Splatoon 2 which is already +200,000 past where BOTW numbers were for the Switch at the start of last month. Breath of the Wild did come with the Wii U option however... but even then I don't think it touches it.

Are there any good exclusive games for the Switch? I want to buy one but right now only Mario and Zelda have got my attention. I don't like Splatoon at all and I'm not a "Play with friends" type of player either.

Oh, cool. You haven't gotten to nearly the dumbest moment in that game, yet, unless you're already up to the fourth case. There's a thing in there that's amazingly, beautifully stupid.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2017 at 12:40, thatshortguy said:

Soon, you NASA-in-secret piece of fun.  Soon.

Switch, 4 Joy-Cons, Breath of the Wild, Arms, Mario Kart, Snipperclips.

Short Gal heard the call and answered excellently.

Some drunken observations from the weekend:

1.  The JoyCons are deceptively comfortable.  We originally bought those stupid gimmick steering wheels for Mario Kart, realized we didn't need 'em.  Motion controls are tight, yo.

2.  Snipperclips is solid and sometimes mind-bending, but don't sleep on Death Squared for more multiplayer puzzling goodness.

3.  Mario Kart is Mario Kart and there is not a damn thing wrong with that.  Arms has proven to be the fighting game Short Gal excels at, though.  I'm frustratingly proud :shifty: 

4.  I have not cracked into Breath of the Wild yet because I fear that will be the exact moment I retire from all non-Zelda productivity.

May throw down on Rabbids & Mario Star In Nintendo's X-Com For The Squeamish, but my next purchase is almost certainly going to be Odyssey in October.

Damn, this thing is fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Oh, cool. You haven't gotten to nearly the dumbest moment in that game, yet, unless you're already up to the fourth case. There's a thing in there that's amazingly, beautifully stupid.

I think I'm up to the fourth case...