zero

Nintendo Megathread

Katsuya    2,842

Direct announced for Wednesday at 10am Eastern / 3pm UK. Apparently more Smash Ultimate news, which I assume will include the final characters to be announced.

Bobfoc    4,233

I hope they'll announce some game modes too. The Direct they had for the Wii U and 3DS games was very thorough, so I'd like something like that.

Sousa    52,449
21 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Just finished Odyssey, an absolutely fantastic game. My ending...

Reveal hidden contents

Absolute legend, she is. We stan only queens.

• Like 3

GA!    11,474

I finished Sonic Mania on Sunday. Well, almost, sodding chasing the robot for sodding Chaos Emeralds. It's so much fun. A nice mix of new-old and new-new levels, most of which quite high octane and with surprising variety in terms of boss battles. Definitely worth £30. Would be worth your standard £50 too tbh. I'm now in 'Encore' mode - I'm not sure why it exists as it goes back into the Sonic Mania story after a couple of remix levels at the start, but it's good to play through the game again so soon.

thatshortguy    3,167

I may pop over and check on the PC player base, but I'm a wee bit concerned on how people keep describing Hollow Knight and Dead Cells as difficult games.  I'd be curious to know how they compare to something like Rogue Legacy before I plunk down $35 for both.

Sousa    52,449

Pretty great reveals across the board. The Belmonts are such no-brainers that I'm surprised I didn't see any actual speculation about them. Chrom and Dark Samus are kinda weak but since echos are a big part of the deal now it's sort of a "why not?" thing. K. Rool is of course an obvious pick and is in that Ridley school of characters who were gonna make it in eventually.

Katsuya    2,842

That better have been the story mode that was blocked out...

Sousa    52,449

It's gonna be a mode where you can put in any video game ever and it'll draw out a fuckin' Marth echo from the cartridge, Monster Rancher style.

RPS    12,316

It should be a Nintendo dating sim featuring all the characters in Smash Bros. You should also be able to have the characters procreate and make babies that look like a combination of the two characters. Like for example, what if Kirby and Princess Peach got married and had three babies?

• Like 1

Sousa    52,449
3 hours ago, RPS said:

It should be a Nintendo dating sim featuring all the characters in Smash Bros. You should also be able to have the characters procreate and make babies that look like a combination of the two characters. Like for example, what if Kirby and Princess Peach got married and had three babies?

hahahaha what the fuck I just did this

• Like 4

Bobfoc    4,233

Amidst all this excitement, let's not forget that Luigi was murdered today.

RPS    12,316
4 hours ago, Sousa said:

hahahaha what the fuck I just did this

list plz

Ruki    3,658

If the list doesn't have Snake in the top 3, worst list ever.

Sousa    52,449
1 hour ago, RPS said:

list plz

if you click the tweet it will show you the list, which is under the tweet, it's how twitter works

Owen    4,556
8 minutes ago, Sousa said:

if you click the tweet it will show you the list, which is under the tweet, it's how twitter works

King Dedede was screwed!

RPS    12,316
9 hours ago, Sousa said:

I'm old. Don't shame me for not knowing how Twitter works. 

MDK    23,371
41 minutes ago, RPS said:

I'm old

Baby, don't say that. You are experienced. And your hairline is just taking an extended vacation.

RPS    12,316
2 hours ago, MDK said:

Baby, don't say that. You are experienced. And your hairline is just taking an extended vacation.

😧

12 hours ago, Sousa said:

It is weird to rank the humans, so here is my list of Smash characters that I would smash from most smashable to least: 

1. Bowser
  2. Pikachu
  3. Squirtle
  4. King Dede
  5. Kirby
  6. Donkey Kong
  7. Yoshi
  8. Jigglypuff
  9. PacMan 
  10. King K Krool 
  11. Ridley
  12. ROB
  13. Greninja
  14. Lucario 
  15. Ganondorf
  16. Bowser Jr. 
  17. Ivysaur
  18. Falco
  19. Mewtwo
  20. Fox
  21. Meta Knight
  22. Pichu
  23. Diddy Kong
  24. Charizard
  25. Sonic
  26. Mr. Game and Watch
  27. Wolf

Sousa    52,449

Sonic and Pichu are children what

• Haha 1

RPS    12,316

I don't have time to Google this shit. Assume Pichu is barely legal and Sonic has aged twenty years. 

thatshortguy    3,167
On 07/08/2018 at 07:40, thatshortguy said:

I may pop over and check on the PC player base, but I'm a wee bit concerned on how people keep describing Hollow Knight and Dead Cells as difficult games.  I'd be curious to know how they compare to something like Rogue Legacy before I plunk down $35 for both.

Quick update regarding Dead Cells on the Switch:  yes, it can be overly chaotic initially and there are some hiccups regarding the frame rate, but if you even remotely like this sort of game, you will very likely get hooked.

I've reached the first boss only once thanks to what I thought was an awesome build, but got thwacked pretty quickly during the boss fight.  With more cells, I'll get better drops and hopefully things will be a bit easier.  Those sewer scorpions and every enemy that can pass through walls can bite me.