The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

$112 after taxes for my SNES Classic isn't too bad, when local shops sell most of the games included for about $50 each, if not more.

Managed to snag one from my local EB Games. Happened to be walking by on my lunch break when my buddy who works there still pulled me in to tell me about it. I'm glad I stayed working in the mall after I left the company, because I don't recall getting any news about the pre-orders going up through my email or anything.

8 hours ago, MDK said:

I really don't like this guy. I trust him like I would trust a fart after chugging a pint of prune juice.

I still have my old SNES. In fact I have two and no clue as to how I got the second one... 

The legacy of the London riots lives on........

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 9 to 5 said:

The legacy of the London riots lives on........

Happy days. Life was easier back then... We had the Olympics to look forward to, the Jubilee, a royal marriage, no Brexit, no rotating door of Orient managers, and I think that was the year that we beat Arsenal 1-1 in the FA Cup.

Super Paper Mario is probably one of my favourite Mario games. Anyone else agree? I don't tend to hear much about it nowadays and was just curious as to what y'all thought about it. I'm no good at the other Paper Mario guys and Super (on the Wii) is the first one I played, so I was used to that style the most, which is probably also why I enjoyed it most.

16 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Is anyone getting Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle? It looks as though it's going to be this year's surprise hit.

I wasn't as skeptical as everyone else was when it was announced but I still wasn't sold - but everyone who gets hands on with it comes away with a glowing review, so I decided to take a chance and put a pre-order up today. I have Thursday-Monday off so I'm pretty excited to actually dig into it.

19 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Is anyone getting Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle? It looks as though it's going to be this year's surprise hit.

I'm pining for some more Switch goodness, so I may take a flier on that one as I have some credit.  Sonic & Mario Odyssey are making me hesitant, though.

I'm very eager to play it at some point. Combining the turn-based strategy of XCOM with the colourful charm of Mario is something I'm keen on.

Also, I took the plunge and picked up a Switch. I've got Mario Kart and have ordered Splatoon 2, which should keep me going for a while.

As good as it was, Splatoon 2 eventually petered out for me simply because I'm sketchy on games that are so heavily multiplayer focused - same thing happened with ARMS so I'm happy to have a full priced game with a heavy single player focus finally to sink my teeth into. For sure a lot deeper than I expected it to be, and charming instead of annoying like the rabbids have been in the past.

Plus it has dabbing Luigi.

22 minutes ago, MDK said:

I finished Phoenix Wright. That last case was satisfying. I hate that Damon Gant bloke so much. On to the next game!

Soon enough, we will be opening our own practice together. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RPS said:

Soon enough, we will be opening our own practice together. 

I can be Maya because I am cute and spunky and have visions. Mostly caused by The DT's.