zero

Nintendo Megathread

RPS    12,297
19 hours ago, ROC said:

So because GameStop had some thing, I bought a used Wii U, which was thankfully in good condition (I've heard the horror stories of used systems like that) and also weirdly had a copy of The Princess and the Frog: The Wii Game Y'Heard inside but I don't think the jostling hurts its ability to read discs.

Turns out it's a good system that turns extraordinary when, uhh, well you get not as legal with it, which I'm ok with knowing that it's not like Nintendo themselves will be printing any more games for it. It so obviously was a test for what Switch is now and I kinda feel bad that the ole thing didn't get to live with the insane software differentiation seen in this 18 months alone. Would put it squarely above the Vita TV in terms of flop hardware probably still worth getting on the cheap.

I loved my WiiU. Just needed more game support. The Switch had amazing indie support. That is what the WiiU needed.

Switch friend code: SW-7520-0845-4320

So first game I'm playing on the Switch is Hyrule Warriors. This is my first Warriors game and my first Zelda game in a long time pretty fun but I havent got the hang of it all yet. The confirm button being the one on the right instead of the bottom is going to take some getting used to.

Chris2K    4,490

What's Mario Party like for those of us with nobody to play local multiplayer with? Is the online play worth trying?

Online play is literally just "here's some of the mini-games, play them in an order without instructions" and it isn't even a full selection of the games, new ones rotate in weekly.

• Sad 1

Owen    4,521
20 hours ago, Spooky Scary Apsham said:

Online play is literally just "here's some of the mini-games, play them in an order without instructions" and it isn't even a full selection of the games, new ones rotate in weekly.

I wanna play the actual courses online, dammit! Guess we gotta wait for Mario Party 11/12/whatever for that! Game still looks fun, anyhow, and I might be weird, but I don't mind playing single-player against AI.

Gabriel    914

I am really hoping to hear about new game boards as DLC. We tend to play a LOT of Mario Party when we have it, and four total boards is fine, but we'll have seen them all a hundred times by the end of the year.

Bobfoc    4,229

Nintendo's been good with free DLC lately, so I'm hoping Mario Party gets the same treatment.

See I might have been interested in Mario Party if the full experience was online play but it's either the minigames or I play with bots and I'm like yeah I'll just watch MatPat lose to the bots on YouTube kthnx.

Also I love the music in Hyrule Warriors. I mean, I know it's all remixes of Zelda stuff and Zelda always had good music but the electric guitar heavy main theme is like the perfect "take on the whole world" anthem there.

EDIT- Also Tingle's in this isn't he? I hope he has a side arc like Linkle does. Speaking of Linkle, she's my favorite so far by miles.