The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

18 minutes ago, thatshortguy said:

Got to a point in Mario + Rabbids that has made me decide it's going to be trade fodder for Odyssey or another title.

Hide contents

Later levels feature enemies that teleport, which effectively dissolves any strategy you go in with and feels cheap.

Spoiler

Thank you! :wub: I won't buy it now but your sacrifice is appreciated.

• Like 1

I also didn't like how new enemies on a field will pop up first with their ears to show you where they'll be - and then the next turn they have an entire full range of motion. It doesn't sound so bad but the way the game works - when an enemy can pop in the other side of the map and then using the games systems, just entirely push themselves all the way up the field to me without any chance to counter really took away some of the whole 'there is strategy' aspect for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apsham said:

I also didn't like how new enemies on a field will pop up first with their ears to show you where they'll be - and then the next turn they have an entire full range of motion. It doesn't sound so bad but the way the game works - when an enemy can pop in the other side of the map and then using the games systems, just entirely push themselves all the way up the field to me without any chance to counter really took away some of the whole 'there is strategy' aspect for me.

I was able to counteract that a bit by playing more offensively, but yeah, that got reaaaaalll annoying, real fast.

Which stinks, because the first two worlds of that game are just what I was wanting.  Didn't mind the tech trees, didn't mind the paper-thin story (because, really, who came here for the plot?), even smirked at some of the inane humor.  Plus, it could be done in bite-sized bits.  Perfect!

Then....nope.  Back to cooking disgusting food in BotW.

@The Chiksrara Special:  I know the temptation to look up a guide is strong, but I've managed to resist thus far and feel better for it.  I can pick it up, bonk a few things on the head, maaaaybe get to a shrine, and then put it down to go do more adulting.  I may never finish the game, but I'll also constantly have a sense of wonder and intrigue about it.  That outweighs any end result I could possibly attain from finding a walkthrough.

24 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I feel like I may be the only person in the world that didn't enjoy Zelda. But I was never a fan, not even back to the NES games. I tried this time though, really I did. :(

Full disclosure:  I didn't bother with any Zelda games from Link's Awakening until now.  I think what makes BotW so compelling is the same thing that will make Skyrim on the Switch compelling:  an adventure where I can pick it up, play for 15 minutes, and put it down feeling like I've done something.  Really, it speaks more to the system than the game per se.

I don't want to use the guide but I feel like I have been almost everywhere on the starting spot outside of the cold area because I have no shoes and they said I would freeze to death but I haven't found a single tower or shrine or whatever so that old bastard will give me he flying paraleaf! Can someone at least point me in the right direction?

The Tower

Spoiler

I think I meant shrines? Because he sent me to one where it gave me a magnet rune and some pearl or something. Then he said I had to find 4 more of those pearl things to get the glider from him. He said to stand at the top of the tower and look through my binoculars. I did that but didn't notice anything so I just hopped down to explore and have yet to find any of them.

3 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

The Tower

Hide contents

I think I meant shrines? Because he sent me to one where it gave me a magnet rune and some pearl or something. Then he said I had to find 4 more of those pearl things to get the glider from him. He said to stand at the top of the tower and look through my binoculars. I did that but didn't notice anything so I just hopped down to explore and have yet to find any of them.

Off the top of my head...

One is in the cold area - you can find the tunic that I mentioned or use hot berries to make something to keep you warm. Uhh.. I know another is at the far... west side? Climbing up a rock face to get to it.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2017 at 11:30, GoGo Yubari said:

all aboard the GoGo Yubari Thinks Maybe This Time They Announce a Smash Port for Switch and Then They Don't Disappointment Express!

deep hurting

deep hurting

• Like 1

Disappointed for no news on the Pokemon game on Switch (beyond the smash clone but that's something else entirely) but after watching this I'm pretty guaranteed to get one at some point. Doom, Wolfenstein, Skyrim, a Fire Emblem game in the style of Dynasty Warriors, fucking L.A. Noire with new features! Cross platform minecraft and Rocket League as well.

So to follow up my confused post earlier, do Nintendo tend to state if a game is coming out for New 3DS's only? The Pokemon and Mario Party games just say "coming to the 3DS family" so should that work on a standard 2DS?