zero

Nintendo Megathread

18 minutes ago, MDK said:

I haven't got that far yet. But that version of ISS was fantastic, I still remember a little scene in it when someone finds a dirty magazine :lol:

That's my clearest memory too, the dorm mum finding it in your room! Also your guy's total shock of not making the national team for the world cup despite barely ever playing for your club.

3 minutes ago, Liam said:

I can't remember that.

IIRC you are a bit of an outcast as the football/soccer team is. You basically go around and recruit players by doing quests for them and then play a game of football that becomes somewhat rock/paper/scissors in nature and based on the stats of your players, with the match effectively the boss fight for that chapter/level. As people leveled up, they got new shots or tackles, as well as team moves IIRC.

Then not really. Cheers. 

21 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Then not really. Cheers. 

Have a click through this video if you want to see what it is like in action.

Resident Evil Remake, 0 and 4 are coming to Switch in May, having been previously announced. Saints Row The Third will also be releasing during the same month.

I still cannot fathom why they bothered with Saints Row for the Switch. Might as well have just done the fourth one since it had the over the top superhero fun bullshit.

I think I'd prefer the fourth one too, but only because I haven't played it yet.

Inazama Eleven is so stupid. I love it.

Wait hold on.

His name is Doug Bowser?

Damn, it's like he was born for this job.

• Like 1

Resident Evil 4, 0 and Remake are going to be £29.99 on the Switch. Each.

There's a fair amount of urinary extraction going on here.

Hey.

Everyone.

Go buy Ape Out right the fuck now.

Wargroove has got a big patch that addresses a lot of the complaints people had. You can now apparently set your own checkpoints and there are easier difficulty settings. I'm tempted to pick it up now.

Oh my god y'all Baba Is You is so neat go get it.

What's it got going for it? I saw some screenshots but I dunno what the gameplay is about.

Edit: Read a very brief overview, bought it. This had better be good!

Edited by apsham

I saw the gameplay, it looks so cool!

So. I bought it. I tend to love puzzle games, but I actually wished the game eased you into the puzzles a bit more. I think my mistake was not reading a review or a trailer. Some of the ideas of the game are not necessarily something super obvious. Spoilers if you do not want to be spoiled. 

The first map where you have to use the "is" both horizontally and vertically fucked me up. After you figure that out, it really breaks your brain and you figure out the puzzles are not intuitive and really push you.

Yeah it REALLY twists your idea about what you're "allowed" to do in a game, and I think that's the strength of it. But there are still a few rules about the rules that you can't change. Here are a couple things I figured out early that might help:

* You can arrange rules vertically

* You can set up multiple rules for the same thing
* Multiple things can be "you" and as long as there's at least one "you" left, you're still in the game
* When text is floating, "you" can push it, but things you can push might slide under it
* The "sink" rule destroys whatever sinks into, say, the water, but it also destroys a water block, which took me a minute to figure out. You can use this to your advantage and in fact several levels require it

Edited by Sousa

My biggest barrier so far was Crab Storage.

Yeah, having two Baba is yous to cancel out the death spot in there was confusing at first.

Also;

lke2e9q49fm21.png

• Like 1

Yeah there's a subtle difference between "SINK" and "DEFEAT" and I wish the game would lay that out, but also figuring it out is kinda neat?

Motorsport Manager is on Switch now. It's a simplified version of the PC game and a slightly expanded version of the mobile game. It doesn't have the level of depth the PC edition has, but it it's still got plenty going for it. As someone who enjoyed the game on PC, I'm still really liking this handheld take.