The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Unlocked all of the characters now, and there's some favorites or ones that are interesting enough for me to want to try out.

-Rosalina & Luma (two characters to fight with in one, plus if you can set it up you can juggle enemies between the two), Bowser Jr., Sheik, Ganondorf, Samus/ZSS (maybe less so on Zero Suit), Palutena (wanna try her more with moves that counter/avoid rather than straight on attacking), Robin, Little Mac (despite using his side B off the stage on multiple occasions), Charizard (really like that it is just Charizard and not the three starters like Brawl), Greninja, Duck Hunt, Ness (who I couldn't really use in other games for some reason, but the Lightning attack feels a lot easier to use here), Captain Falcon (never used him in other games unless it was through random, but I really like him thus far), Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, Pacman, and Mega Man.

That said, I tried using Sonic once and did terrible so I won't ever be using him I don't think.

Decided to buy Pushmo World this weekend. Really enjoyed the first couple of dozen of maps. Finally get to something complicated and I now see why this game is addictive.

Awwww yesssss.

In 3DS play news, last night I faced a really good Samus who WRECKED my Roy Koopa, so I switched over to his dad and Bowser Bombed the fuck out of that guy. It's the most satisfying competitive experience I've had in ages.

Playing competitively on lunch breaks at work absolutely wrecks me as I realize how proficient everyone else is with a lot of the skills and abilities.

And then I just get far into winning and go into a trance - instantly remembering why I hate competing because I hate that side of me. I'm hiding behind my ignorance for now and hopefully getting secretly better out of the blue one day so I can be as cocky as some of them with their fancy terms I don't understand.

I really do need to learn actual Smash techniques. I think I'm a reasonably good amateur but I definitely get thrashed constantly by people who read the game better and have great edge game (whereas half of the time when I die it's because I topple over the side and totally misjudge when to use my B-air).

Currently leading damshow 11-2 in the first ever Super Smash Cibernetico where we play every character. That being said, items have had a significant amount of say in a lot of the results..

• Like 1