The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Should have included Sonic's "YOU'RE TOO SLOOOOOW" taunt in Leave The Memories Alone too.

Pfffft, like I would play with Sonic long enough to see Sonic's taunt.

I miss Wolf tho. :crying:

Like the Ice Climbers thing I get because they couldn't get eight of them in or whatever.

But Wolf. :(

I got the 8gb one with a copy of Bayonetta 1 & 2! Should arrive tomorrow! :D

Probably going to pick up Super Mario 3D World at some point so me and Mrs. TKz can play it co-op, is there anything else worth looking into? I'm tempted by Wonderful 101 because Platinum made it and Platinum are the bestest. But seeing as I don't give much of a shit about Zelda or any of the other Nintendo first party titles, I'm not sure what else interests me. Zombie U worth looking into at all?

Another question: anyone know if I can use a Wii Classic Controller for player 2 with a game like Super Mario 3D World?

Rayman Legends.

Well if it helps, my finishing move against a giant boss was that all of my hair turned into a giant purple dragon demon and it ate him whole.

Totally not the sort of game you could play with your kids around, though. On top of being fairly suggestive, there's a fair bit off butt on show every now and then.

The first game was something I really wanted to get into, but it just wasn't for me. I found the plot pretty much incomprehensible, the characters obnoxious and the quick-time events repetitive, and the whole beat-'em-up staple of putting together elaborate combos has never really hooked me in. From the outside looking in, I don't doubt that it's a great game for those who like that sort of thing, but it's something I'm not personally drawn in by for long periods of time. I say "long periods of time" because I actually had quite a lot of fun with it for a couple of hours until I started finding the silly quick-time events a little tedious after seeing them over and over again, which is a problem I also had with Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, one of Platinum's other acclaimed titles.

On another note, that Excitebike track looks super.

Platinum games really are that in a nutshell, the selling point is that they've kind of mastered the genre. If you're not into it, it'll never hold you, but if you even like it a little (I quite enjoyed DMC back in the day), you'll find things to love about it. It's also kind of what I'm looking for right now, something more light hearted and fucking insane amongst all the grimdark I've been playing/will be playing.

There is a narrative, but it's not really that good. The writing is pretty good, though. It's pretty fun but it's probably not a must-have unless you're into that sort of thing.

NEVER MIND I JUST GOT MASTER BLACKSMITH LEVEL AND A BUNCH OF PINK THINGS DID A JAPANESE SONG FOR ME THIS GAME RULES

• Like 2