The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

I finished it last night. Just so you know, there's no final boss, but there's a ton of post-game content.

The last chapter of the main story is really wild, though.

"Hi, I've been watching you inside this star-filled tree where you all live on a tiny, tiny planet, and since I'm huge and my wife came down and helped you guys, you all think I'm God, but really I'm just a giant shiftless asshole, but whatever, I'll save your planet to make my daughters happy."

If you want tough boss-type content...

...go to the Ancient Ruins outside of Al Maajik. Or just wander around Terra Nimbus. Lots of tough baddies.

Oh man, if you ever wanted proof that the Wii U is dying a death in the UK - I went to GAME to pick up Mario World, they had exactly 4 Wii U games on offer. :(

(none of those games were Mario World)

To be fair, GAME is also dying and has as much variety as HMV before they went under.

But the really worrying thing is how supermarkets don't seem to be stocking any next gen games at all, bar maybe one or two PS4/One games mixed among their 360/PS3 ranges.

Once GAME goes, video game sales will basically be online only in the UK.

Oh man, if you ever wanted proof that the Wii U is dying a death in the UK - I went to GAME to pick up Mario World, they had exactly 4 Wii U games on offer. :(

To be fair, GAME is also dying and has as much variety as HMV before they went under.

But the really worrying thing is how supermarkets don't seem to be stocking any next gen games at all, bar maybe one or two PS4/One games mixed among their 360/PS3 ranges.

My local Tesco and ASDA have a pretty large PS4/Xbox One selection.

Slowly but surely this is happening everywhere. Gamestop has to keep stepping up what they offer to bring people into the stores. They're so far doing fine but everyone knows like most retail stores they'll soon be going under. Fortunately Google is working on giving Wi-Fi to the entire US, and I'm sure they'll follow suit in other countries.

I don't get how that changes what I said. In fact, it wasn't what I was talking about at all. Not every place in the world has Internet. You shouldn't have to get online to buy games. That should be a choice.

Edited by EWB's Best Poster.

I couldn't fathom how much they get. Back in the day I tried to buy for my wii at its height, the amount of shovel ware was insane. They must have had 3 games out of 40 that weren't just party mini games and such. I don't imagine that could be cheap to take back in. So maybe you're right? I've never really thought about it.

I don't get how that changes what I said. In fact, it wasn't what I was talking about at all. Not every place in the world has Internet. You shouldn't have to get online to buy games. That should be a choice.

I'd imagine in places where there isn't internet they aren't having issues with people buying games online, due to the lack of internet :wacko:

• Like 1

It's based on the market. If people aren't going into your store to buy games then you aren't going to waste valuable shelf space by having games. Another factor is cost, supposedly games have quite a fine profit margin in comparison to other products. Online stores have lower overheads so can sell the same game cheaper, thus more people buy online or the stores need to eat into their profit margin even further just to compete.

I don't really know what your solution would be? People can't have stores losing money because they are selling stuff people aren't buying.