The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

And having this thing kinda has me interested in collecting more of the original DS library again. Playing Elite Beat Agents on it kinda has me wary though, I feel like I'm going to tear the touch screen apart everytime I wildly do the spinny parts of songs.

I played the jesus out of Elite Beat Agents because of course I did, and I can confirm that DS touch screens are not going to shatter like that. They do sometimes decalibrate due to shit getting stuck between the screen and the housing, but I don't think that "Jumpin' Jack Flash" is causing that.

The Mario 64 DS port is really awful, I thought. Doesn't handle right and predates the time when they actually figured out how to do that kind of game on the DS. Get it on Wii Shop instead.

I need to play the two Zelda games I got from Club Nintendo. I got the first and Link's Awakening, but I'm not sure if Zelda games are really for me (mainly because I haven't actually played them yet).

It is in my bedroom being inside of wrapping paper even as we speak.

My wife and I have this bad habit of getting each other gifts early and then just giving them to each other and saying "don't get me anything" and then going out and getting each other things anyway, so this is literally the only possible way that we can be assured we won't spend a fortune on each other. :shifty:

We got the New SMB/Luigi package. We'll probably look at all four of those games at some point. Birthdays come right after Christmas in our house (ALL OF THEM), so.

I'm very tardy to the party, but when the Wii U first came out, I thought it was a handheld game that you could just simply use with the Wii. It's really cool and I want one now, but at the time I thought it was a dumb expansion and really caused me to not follow anything about it until months after it's release. For such a big name company, Nintendo's marketing for the Wii U was very poorly done.

I think they've made up for it a bit this Christmas, which makes sense since it's the first time the software library has felt stacked. It's gotten a total ad blitz, particularly on kids' TV, and the marketing is finally starting to catch up to the console.

Free? I thought that was the one they were breaking up into the seperate sports and then selling at $10 a go or $2 24 or 48 hour (I forget which) 'rental' periods? Though I think you get a 24 hour trial that I would have to assume would be 24 hours from when you launched it, not 24 hours of in game activity.

I think I'd happily pay that much for the bowling mini-game, seeing as how that was the only one I liked. Then again, as the WiiU is backwards compatible, I can't imagine paying for an HD upgrade of a game I already own. That is, of course, unless there are some other changes I haven't heard about.

I think the online mode is pretty much the only real selling point for people who already own the game - unless MotionPlus makes a substantial difference to you...

Speaking of Mario & Luigi, I really should play the copy of Partners in Time I've had sitting on my shelf for umpteen years. At least I actually finished 'The mustard of your doom!' that one time!