The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

I do have a thing for phone modding...tell me more about homebrew...

It's amazingly easy to do with the Wii with the Letter Bomb or. .whatever it's called. From there if you have a spare USB drive you're pretty good to go. I'm impatient as hell when it comes to these things, but I managed it a while back. Even to just have for SNES emulation and the sort is pretty neat.

I'll PM a guide to anyone interested, considering it took me forever to get things working with all the information on the net that completely contradicts itself.

But yes, the best thing about it is USB game ripping. You can just stick a GameCube or Wii game in and tell it to rip it to the hard drive and you're able to access your entire Wii games collection without needing to change the disks.

• Like 1

Yea PM me a guide. I tried it this afternoon but not sure if it worked so I did a data reset on my wii

Lego City Undercover is so much better than I thought it'd be. It seems like just a weird GTA clone but then you start playing opera over the prison PA and oh man you guys.

Some of the dynamics are a little weird if you're used to other Lego games - the difference between bricks and studs or whatever was a little weird for me at first, and constantly having to change costumes got a little annoying, but it's just wonderful. It's exactly silly enough, and just has a wonderful sense of humour, and some great in-jokes. The whole Shawshank Redemption bit had me grinning from ear to ear.

Hey, you! Got a 3DS? Are you American, Canadian or Mexican? Well you can download The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords on the eShop for free!

Do you live somewhere other than those places? You get...erm...:(

To be fair, in the EU if you were a new adopter/hadn't redeemed your 3DS gift or whatever, you got a free copy of Mario 3D Land. Which is awesome amounts of fun.

I really wish I could finish Bravely Default and start playing all these other 3DS games, but jesus god this game last forever.

Really? I don't care for it too much. Some of the challenges are interesting, but by and large it's just segments of games I've played a lot before.

It's much more interesting at times when it mixes up the formula, though, like playing as Link on a Donkey Kong level.

Yeah, there's way too much "play ten arbitrary seconds of Donkey Kong Jr." before you get to any of the more interesting "remix" stuff, which in itself isn't as adventurous as I'd have liked anyway. There was such an opportunity for that game to be utterly insane and a ton of fun, and it falls short of my expectations for that.

• Like 1

I really wish I could finish Bravely Default and start playing all these other 3DS games, but jesus god this game last forever.

I gave up on Bravely Default yesterday. There's nothing wrong with it, it just made me realise that my taste in games has changed drastically over the last year or so. A few years ago, Bravely Default is exactly what I wanted - jobs, epic story, places to grind - but now it seems a bit of a chore. I still want a great story, but it has to move faster for me. It's actually kind of sad, especially as I realised I was having the gaming equivalent of the 'it's not you, it's me' discussion in relationships. To sum up, I'll probably put more hours into FF XIII-3 than BD, which I never thought I'd say.

On the plus side I started 9 Doors, 9 Persons, 9 Hours yesterday and am absolutely gripped by it. Best experience on the (3)DS for a long time.