The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Are the Nintendo shop prices fair? They were selling gift cards for 'classic' NES games in Game a while back that were disgustingly over priced.

Also been playing the newest Zelda on 3DS recently. Excellent game. Picked up Rhythm Thief and Solatorobo for £4.99 each yesterday too.

All three are running for eight bucks. Mario & Luigi is probably a 20-30 hour game and still holds up graphically, so I consider that a good deal. My one concern is that it has a lot of timed button press things in the battle system and those don't tend to do as well with wireless controllers (the Yoshi Island race in Mario RPG is basically impossible, for instance).

The first WarioWare is going up next (probably the same price), which is... fine? Touched and Twisted are far superior but obviously won't go on the Wii U for reasons.

I got the Mario Bros Deluxe GBC game for free from that Nintendo ID promotion they had over the new year and that runs for £4.49 on the eShop so the £6.29 for GBA games seems okay since there's a lot of content to some of these games and it's comparable to the prices of both original games and re-releases on other platforms.

I'd be more inclined to buy some if they were a lot cheaper (and on the 3DS) but I wouldn't the price is unreasonable.

A ton of people I'd expect (Captain Falcon, Ness, Game & Watch, et al) haven't been revealed yet. The final roster as it stands is pretty small. I suspect we'll get quite a few more with some surprises as well. I'd be surprised if Chrom from Fire Emblem didn't make it in as well, but we haven't gotten Ridley either so.

Since all I have available to me is 3DS, this isn't really on my radar but then again, I did enjoy Jump Ultimate Stars and the two seem to be quite similar and I could probably be more invested with characters I actually know. Just not sure if there's much single player content in there outside of one off fights. I hear there is some exclusive mode on the 3DS one which just seems to be a protracted way to get to the one off fight, only you'd be slightly stronger by the time you got to it.

Yeah. And that's really a multiplayer mode more than anything.

I'm excited to get it on the 3DS first both because it probably means I can hold off on buying the Wii-U until the fall unless I get a great deal, and also that means it'll probably be out by PAX so there'll be a billion people playing it there.

Yeah. And that's really a multiplayer mode more than anything.

I'm excited to get it on the 3DS first both because it probably means I can hold off on buying the Wii-U until the fall unless I get a great deal, and also that means it'll probably be out by PAX so there'll be a billion people playing it there.

Target is/was apparently selling the new Mario Bros U bundle for $299 with a 50 dollar gift card.

Oooooh that's not bad.

Also, this. This is the most Nintendo thing I've ever seen:

I bought mine for $299 a while back. I honestly don't regret it at all. My PS3 has been gaining dust while I play WiiU. The Wonderful 101's, the two Mario games, Sonic Lost World (which is very underrated), ZombiU... lots of great games.