The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Is there really that big of a difference between 2DS and 3DS. The only benefit I keep reading is the ability to fold it up and no 3D capability on the 2DS.

I'm trying to convince my wife that a 2DS is a good idea for my daughter's fourth birthday. She loves playing Mario Kart on the Wii, so I'm trying to justify it by saying the 2DS version will keep her occupied during our many car trips throughout the year.

My girlfriend thinks the screen's too small on the 2DS, and I've heard complaints that the volume could be higher, but I've not had any difficulty with either of those things. The only substantial difference is that 3DS is hinged and has 3D capability, so you pretty much need to buy a case for the 2DS, but you can pick them up pretty cheaply, and can probably get the console and case for less than the price of a 3DS.

What Zero said times a million. It's glorious. Online works so seamlessly too.

But yeah - it actually feels a whole lot more balanced now too, especially with the changes to the blue shell. Only thing I don't like is Crazy 8, which seems way too crazy OP at times.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got any recommendations which game to get with my free Mario Kart code?

Already ordered Wonderful 101 because supporting Platinum games is a big thing guys, so that leaves me with the choices of:

• Nintendo Land (3576 MB)
  • New Super Mario Bros. U (2304 MB)
  • Game & Wario (4036 MB)
  • Pikmin 3 (4547 MB)
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (2467 MB)
  • Sonic Lost World (Wii U version) (8474 MB)
  • Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games (9748 MB)
  • Wii Party U (6571 MB)
  • The Wonderful 101 (12.9 GB) (PEGI 12)*
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U version) (7021 MB) (PEGI 12)*

I played through almost every Zelda game a couple years back (except Skyward Sword, which I still haven't finished) and Wind Waker was probably my favorite, Inane Treasure-Trawling Quest for the Triforce notwithstanding.