The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

The only thing that's stopping me from straight-up buying a refurb is I might be able to get a new one with New Super Mario Bros for the same price + free shipping thanks to a gift card I'm getting for getting doing a focus group thing. So I'd say go for it!

I think 3D World is all local multiplayer.

And fuck me, I have no idea how to play Wonderful 101.

Stick around for 3 hours and you'll get the controls.

I'm thinking of picking that up after Bravely Default; is there much to it beyond being The Sims but more mental?

I've not tried Wonderful 101 yet; my girlfriend's reluctant to get it as she said she really struggled with the controls in the demo, largely due to her being left-handed, apparently.

I'm thinking of picking that up after Bravely Default; is there much to it beyond being The Sims but more mental?

I've not tried Wonderful 101 yet; my girlfriend's reluctant to get it as she said she really struggled with the controls in the demo, largely due to her being left-handed, apparently.

I could definitely see that being a problem. The controls are quite fun once you get into them, but I could see how a left handed player would find it quite difficult. The controls are quite fun when you kind of figure the flow of them out, but it is a chore for the first few hours.

I'm currently playing it between marathon sessions of Rune Factory 4 (HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS I LOVE THIS GAME).

It's hella entertaining to fill the island with celebrity and character Miis and watch what happens. Some stuff is time specific (god dammit, I need to remember that the rap battles happen at the fountain between 6 and 7pm) and you can easily log on, knock off some requests, play some mini-games and mess around for about 20 minutes at a time at any given point. There's not that much past that - but it's really, really charming and weird in a delgihtful way. If you can pick it up along with something else sometime, I'd recommend doing it like that. I play about 20 minutes, then fire into RF4 and use it to fill up the 20 minute car rides.

I need to remember to take some pictures sometime. My islanders are trying to get setup with the most random of people.

FYI, Nintendo is releasing a demo of Tomodachi Life... so you can test it out before you purchase it.

Are you getting a 32GB version of the console, Srar?

Because if you're getting one of those you can sign up to the digital deluxe program, meaning that if/when you buy Mario Kart and get your free game, you'll only need to spend another $10 on the eshop to get a $5 voucher for the eshop.

Or actually, depending on the game you get, you might be able to get Zelda (or at least shave $5 off it) for free just by redeeming your free game.

You don't have to buy Mario Kart digitally, when you redeem your free game from the Mario Kart deal (either digitally or via code in the box) it counts as a full $50-60 purchase so you get the points from that.

You can? Fucking awesome. I need to go check that then, I'll have enough to redeem!

Also I'd like to point out that the Digital Deluxe deal is also working in Europe too, it was a surprise to just log in and have enough points to get a voucher. It just links your Nintendo ID to the programme so all purchases before that are counted towards the deal, even games bought WITH the $/£5 vouchers contribute points towards it so if you've not actually signed up for it you should right now because you might be sitting on a few free vouchers.

Yeah, you need to join Club Nintendo to redeem the Mario Kart thing, but if you have a Nintendo console then you want to join Club Nintendo anyway because Club Nintendo is fucking great.