The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

I may need to rethink the games I prefer on the Switch.  Sonic, Isaac, Meat Boy?  All great games to putz around with while Short Gal shops.

Poly Bridge looks nerdily excellent.  Kentucky Route Zero?!?  Would never have thought it, but that may be a sneakily good addition.

Really looking forward to Stardew Valley & Ultimate Chicken Horse, though.

44 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Mario and Rabbids is fantastic and hilarious. My daughters and I found two Rabbids in the mushroom kingdom playing an eternal game of king of the mountain. Even when we walked away they were still playing in the background.

IGN's review pointed out that some of the battles can get frustrating because it boots you back to the very beginning of multi-fight levels.  That seems a bit off-putting to me initially.

Interesting spoiler from the Giant Bomb Quick Look:

They actually "swear" in this game.  Someone says 'hell'!

1071879.jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Mario and Rabbids is fantastic and hilarious. My daughters and I found two Rabbids in the mushroom kingdom playing an eternal game of king of the mountain. Even when we walked away they were still playing in the background.

Watch the flowers in the overworld. They always bounce along to the music no matter what the song is.

So my Switch arrived today. Only got Splatoon so far but bloody he'll that game is like crack. It's so addictive, didn't realise how long I was playing it for. 

Really enjoy the colours and the simplicity of it. Fun and easy to pick up. 

Will trade some old PS4 games in at some stage and pick up Mario and Rabids or Zelda. 

12 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

So my Switch arrived today. Only got Splatoon so far but bloody he'll that game is like crack. It's so addictive, didn't realise how long I was playing it for. 

Really enjoy the colours and the simplicity of it. Fun and easy to pick up. 

Will trade some old PS4 games in at some stage and pick up Mario and Rabids or Zelda. 

Have you encountered any disconnections with Splatoon? I've managed to finish one out of about ten attempted games.

Personally I'd say on average maybe 10% of my Splatoon games go wrong/have connection issues, at most. And that's usually in a cluster, where the problem is more likely my network.

That does seem to be the problem. I've completed a couple of games now, but I had to be sitting right next to the router. I wouldn't mind, but it's positioned in a dingy area that lends itself badly to playing games. I wonder if getting an adaptor for a wired connection might be worthwhile. The only problem with that would be the inability to play in handheld mode, which is really what I prefer. I'd like to play Splatoon while lying in bed like an entitled First World resident.

11 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

That does seem to be the problem. I've completed a couple of games now, but I had to be sitting right next to the router. I wouldn't mind, but it's positioned in a dingy area that lends itself badly to playing games. I wonder if getting an adaptor for a wired connection might be worthwhile. The only problem with that would be the inability to play in handheld mode, which is really what I prefer. I'd like to play Splatoon while lying in bed like an entitled First World resident.

On my WiiU, I used to just have a physical connection to the WiiU. If I didn't, I would have a tougher time connecting. With the Switch, I'd probably be in the same boat as you and need to play docked at all times. Does the Switch even have the ability for a physical connection or wifi only? 

11 minutes ago, RPS said:

On my WiiU, I used to just have a physical connection to the WiiU. If I didn't, I would have a tougher time connecting. With the Switch, I'd probably be in the same boat as you and need to play docked at all times. Does the Switch even have the ability for a physical connection or wifi only? 

I've been reading up on it, and there is a way to have a wired connection to the tablet itself, albeit with a couple of adaptors. The more conventional way is to connect to the dock, which needs a USB network adaptor. The official Nintendo/Hori one is expensive, but there seem to be cheaper (and, if reviews are to be believed, just as good) options around.

Looks like the following games will be released under Nintendo Selects (under £20 releases) for the 3DS in the UK on October 13, 2017.

- Kirby: Triple Deluxe
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
- Super Mario 3D Land

Also Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed for Wii U is now avalible under Nintendo Selects in North America.

Edited by TheWho87