The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Okay, something slightly weird about Phoenix Wright (the second game). Regina is 16 and she has a range of suitors from 21 to 31... Unless something crops up later in this story then this is a bit paedo-y. 

13 minutes ago, MDK said:

Okay, something slightly weird about Phoenix Wright (the second game). Regina is 16 and she has a range of suitors from 21 to 31... Unless something crops up later in this story then this is a bit paedo-y. 

image.gif

The age of consent in Japan is 16!

Or 13, depends who you want to believe. <_<

• Like 1

More Switch questions

Do I need a pro controller? Or is the normal thing easy enough to use?

Does anyone know is NBA 2k is going to be different on Switch?

If I just got Zelda do you think that's enough to hold me until Mario next month? If not what else have you guys played? What's good?

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

More Switch questions

Do I need a pro controller? Or is the normal thing easy enough to use?

Does anyone know is NBA 2k is going to be different on Switch?

If I just got Zelda do you think that's enough to hold me until Mario next month? If not what else have you guys played? What's good?

1. Don't need it at all - it's a great controller, but I ended up returning mine and buying the chapter, wired Hori one. It doesn't have rumble or motion controls but it's good enough for games where I might want a more traditional controller. I like the joycons though.

2. It's going to be running 30fps instead of 60fps - consensus is that doesn't matter in a basketball game.

3. Yes, absolutely. You could grab Snipperclips for when you want to take a break or play something with someone - it's a two player puzzle game that shows the strength of the system. Stardew Valley should also be coming very soon as a good, soothing time waster.

• Like 1

It's a tough call - I think it's good but looking back at my time with it, I almost feel like I was mostly enamoured with it because I kind of expected it to not be all that great. I dunno - it's a fun game but it feels kinda samey, eventually all your characters end up playing one singular way... I'd say wait and play it later. I'm wondering if it'll go on deeper sale than Mario games usually do since it's a Ubisoft title... but hard to say.

The Mario & Rabbids thing is fun - Rabbids don't annoy me as much as I thought they would, and I've actually grown quite fond of Rabbid Luigi. I can see the gameplay getting a little samey as the game progresses, but so far it's been good, reasonably mindless fun, and a decent way of whiling away an hour or two on a lazy Sunday. I like that there's a string of Mario games that have this weird self-aware humour to them, it gives them a charm that most games have never managed to replicate, or would seem too "knowing" or forced in another franchise; probably speaks to the strength of the brand, in that respect.

Still having one or two connectivity issues with the Joy-Cons, though seemingly not as bad as when playing Breath of the Wild - though that may be because the problem is more immediately apparent in that game. The left Joy-Con seems to have a bit of a delayed connection at times when playing on the TV, so I'll keep moving forwards for a second or two after I've let go of the analogue stick.