The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Amazon sucks. 

I go on to preorder the new Switch bundle with Odyssey. 

On Amazon.ca, I need to be a prime member to order it. 

I decide "FUCK THAT" and go on Amazon.com to order it. 

It's not available to be shipped here. 

Grrrrrrrrrr. 

6 minutes ago, Apsham said:

Yeah Amazon.ca was doing that with the SNES Mini as well - it was only showing at a normal price for Prime members. Didn't know they were doing that now.

Yeah, they are. Was hugely annoying.

I would also like to show my appreciation for Punch Out. After the aforementioned comparison playing of things like SMW, SMK and Castlevania, that's the one I've spent a little bit of time on. I had a pretty close bout with Piston Honda on the minor circuit that went down to the wire but lost out in the end. Next time...

Having said that, I am yet to have the satisfaction of knocking out Gabby Jay. I feel incomplete.

1 hour ago, BuddyAwesome said:

OK... Hoy Quarlow on Super Punch Out is still ridiculously hard and I can not win.

This is where I always, always hit the wall too. I've tried multiple times throughout the years and every time Hoy Quarlow sends me straight into the "fuck this" panic zone.

still, playing up to that point never gets old.

So, the SNES mini hack came out and here I am legally obtaining games again like it's the year 2000.

Need to find out if there's a way to patch up all PAL games because stuff like Super International Cricket run too fast. I know that people have some individual games (like Terranigma) but I dunno if they have to do some complicated haxor shit to fix it.

• Like 1

Finished the main game of Mario & Rabbids last night; felt like a bit of an abrupt ending, but a decent boss fight. Maybe I just didn't play tactically enough, and didn't experiment with different characters enough - stuck with the team of Mario, Rabbid Mario and Rabbid Peach throughout - but it definitely feels like it gets really cheap towards the end. Rather than focus on making things more interesting, they just throw a bunch of big bad guys at you at once, or come up with enemies that can teleport or move across half the damn map. Been going through and trying some of the challenges now, but not particularly motivated to 100% this one.

That said, it was a lot of fun, and genuinely funny in places, just wish it had a little more variety to it.

I really like Splatoon 2. I stay away from ranked matches because I don't think I want to play with ultra-competitive people, but I love having a few casual games here and there. I'm actually not that bad at it either. I'm not good, but I'm OK. I notice that some people try to play it like a conventional shooter, whereas I like to stay back and stick to the actual goal of covering as much area as I can, which often puts me near the top of the standings by default. I read an article that describes it as the perfect multiplayer game for introverts, and I think I agree.

I'm also starting to get back into Breath of the Wild. While I think I'm a long way from being ready to fight the main story enemies, I'm having fun exploring and finding new places. I've just come across the town with the bird people, where I bought the cold resistance gear. Hopefully, that should make the mountainous treks less of a ballache.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...