Sign in to follow this  
zero

Nintendo Megathread

On 12/07/2019 at 12:51, Sousa said:

DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 IS OUT TODAY

Yo, how you feeling about this? I cannot get enough of it.

I do love my voice artist continuity, so to have the same voices for the Spider-Verse characters like Spider-Man, Miles Morales and Doc Ock between Ultimate Alliance 3 and the PS4 Spider-Man game really makes me happy.

On 19/07/2019 at 16:33, apsham said:

Yo, how you feeling about this? I cannot get enough of it.

I played through all of Khrumbul Dun up to getting the gold golem yesterday evening so yeah I'd say I'm having a pretty good time. :D

My big complaint is that terraforming the Isle of Awakening is so slow, I feel like I spent a huge amount of time trying to get the requisite "tiles" of meadow and forest and there's still so much left to go.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sousa said:

I played through all of Khrumbul Dun up to getting the gold golem yesterday evening so yeah I'd say I'm having a pretty good time. :D

My big complaint is that terraforming the Isle of Awakening is so slow, I feel like I spent a huge amount of time trying to get the requisite "tiles" of meadow and forest and there's still so much left to go.

I'm swamped with other stuff so I'm still on the farm island - but I'm spending most of my time prettying it up instead of questing to be honest.

I just traded in a bunch of games... gonna get the 2 game voucher. Using it on Fire Emblem (getting it digital so I can play it Thursday night, and because I will never trade it in) and probably Pokemon. 

Edit: Lame... had to buy a month of online to get the vouchers. But! For the price of $50, I got Fire Emblem, and will pick up Pokemon Sword (Bea is bae) when it's possible to redeem a voucher for that. 

Picked up Super Mario Maker 2 yesterday. Only played through the first handful of story mode levels so far but it's a blast!

Any good creators worth checking out?

5 minutes ago, Ollie said:

Any good creators worth checking out?

Tyler.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

God damn, you know what Dragon Quest Builders DIDN'T need, though?

A stealth section.

Stop putting stealth sections in your otherwise good games, jesus.

But they're the best kind of stealth sections because you don't see them coming.

It's impressive that they've successfully managed to capture the drudgery and sameness of actually being in prison, and by "impressive" I mean "kill me."

Just in case you're like me and had your eye on those sweet delicious guillotines.

I want Fire Emblem already 😕 I am so hyped for Fire Emblem and my Golden Deer babies that I have no real interest in other games at the moment.

They confirmed that the Switch version of Civ6 is going to get the expansions - hopefully this year. 😊

• Like 1

Quite well in my experience. It has the benefit of essentially being the iPad version so it's optimized for worse hardware from the start.

On 24/07/2019 at 09:26, apsham said:

They confirmed that the Switch version of Civ6 is going to get the expansions - hopefully this year. 😊

FUCKIN

YES

Vanilla Civ 6 is fine (I gueeeeeeess) but Rise & Fall at the minimum absolutely changes the game from decent to great. Even something as basic as the Loyalty system does a lot for the headass AI, and I miss things like Governors and Government Plaza so damn much on the Switch. Also Mongolia.

• Like 1

I'm seeing lots of very positive reviews for the new Fire Emblem.

19 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I'm seeing lots of very positive reviews for the new Fire Emblem.

I'm positive that in 13 hours I'm gonna be playing it.

It’s making me want to buy a Switch.  But it feels dumb to not wait until the ones with better battery life come out

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

It’s making me want to buy a Switch.  But it feels dumb to not wait until the ones with better battery life come out

Do you plan on playing it undocked most of the time? I can't remember the last time I played it not on my TV. 

I switched to pretty much only playing mine undocked when I found a case for it that made the Switch really comfortable to hold.

Even then though, I rarely run out of battery in my play sessions because it just goes back to the dock afterwards.

13 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Do you plan on playing it undocked most of the time? I can't remember the last time I played it not on my TV. 

I don’t own one, how could I possibly have my play sessions planned out?!  Sure I live alone and would have almost no reason outside of travel to play it undocked but who knows what tomorrow might bring?

• Like 1

I play mine in handheld mode if I'm taking it with me somewhere, like if I have a weird schedule for work or something, or if I'm going to be downtown and waiting somewhere... but 99% of my play is through my TV.

I played for a few hours last night, enjoying it so far! I went for the Golden Deer, and just finished the mock battle between the three houses. It has a neat feature where if you lose a fight (like I did twice) it lets you start over, but with the experience you gained. Claude got a bunch of the kills, so he hit level 5 and I shifted him to fighter.