Sign in to follow this  
zero

Nintendo Megathread

2 hours ago, Ruki said:

I played for a few hours last night, enjoying it so far! I went for the Golden Deer, and just finished the mock battle between the three houses. It has a neat feature where if you lose a fight (like I did twice) it lets you start over, but with the experience you gained. Claude got a bunch of the kills, so he hit level 5 and I shifted him to fighter. 

I'm sucking pretty hard so far and getting students killed.... Like two hits and they are done.

Doom 1, 2 and 3 showed up as surprise releases - coming out today and at a relatively low price. They come with all expansions and are low priced... I believe they were up at 4-5 pounds for the first two and 8 pounds for Doom 3... though the listings went down pretty fast. Everyone assumes it was meant to be announced a bit later today at QuakeCon.

EDIT: They're up! 6.49 CAD for the first two and 12.99 CAD for Doom 3!

20 hours ago, apsham said:

Doom 1, 2 and 3 showed up as surprise releases - coming out today and at a relatively low price. They come with all expansions and are low priced... I believe they were up at 4-5 pounds for the first two and 8 pounds for Doom 3... though the listings went down pretty fast. Everyone assumes it was meant to be announced a bit later today at QuakeCon.

EDIT: They're up! 6.49 CAD for the first two and 12.99 CAD for Doom 3!

1 and 2 have local coop, as well. 

They're also apparently locked to a Bethesda account, which caused all sorts of lovely problems yesterday.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Sousa said:

They're also apparently locked to a Bethesda account, which caused all sorts of lovely problems yesterday.

They're changing that to optional in an update.

I am enjoying the heck out of Three Houses. I've already got like 12 hours into the game and just defeated the first monster. I think they threw the advanced and intermediate classes at you too quickly though. One or two battles after changing people out of Noble/Commoner and into fighter or whatever, I was changing them again. 

3 hours ago, Ruki said:

I am enjoying the heck out of Three Houses. I've already got like 12 hours into the game and just defeated the first monster. I think they threw the advanced and intermediate classes at you too quickly though. One or two battles after changing people out of Noble/Commoner and into fighter or whatever, I was changing them again. 

I'm really liking it too. I'm only seven hours in myself, so I won't talk about story matters, but I'm finding the characters to be interesting and the plot reasonably good. As a Fire Emblem newcomer, the battles are the sort of thing I enjoy too. I'm not sure why I didn't get round to trying the series out before now.

I chose the Blue Lions myself. I was going to pick the Golden Deer, but decided against it because it seems most people are playing as them. I'm interested in how much new content you see by replaying the games as the other houses.

1 hour ago, apsham said:

I picked Blue Lions as well. Black Eagles were out of the question, house leader gives me bad vibes.

The only person who gives me bad vibes is Rhea.

5 minutes ago, Ruki said:

The only person who gives me bad vibes is Rhea.

Me too. All this religious zealotry doesn't sit well.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, apsham said:

RetroMania Wrestling - a spiritual successor to WWF WrestleFest is coming to the Switch.

https://www.retromaniawrestling.com/

• Road Warriors
  • Tommy Dreamer
  • Colt Cabana
  • Zack Sabre Jr.
  • Austin Idol
  • Blue World Order

And more to come.

I guess they're hoping for 16 or so wrestlers at launch, with more promised via DLC post-release. I definitely think this is going to be a fun game to play, but I hope that there is something substantial for a career or story type mode to keep me playing.

Fire Pro on Switch would be great also... and there's the CHIKARA video game being worked on that looks like a ton of fun as well.

I ordered a Switch today, arrives on Tuesday.

It comes with Mario Maker 2 and a £30 DLC voucher.

I also have around £100 voucher for CEX. What should I get first?

1 hour ago, Gabriel said:

I guess they're hoping for 16 or so wrestlers at launch, with more promised via DLC post-release. I definitely think this is going to be a fun game to play, but I hope that there is something substantial for a career or story type mode to keep me playing.

Fire Pro on Switch would be great also... and there's the CHIKARA video game being worked on that looks like a ton of fun as well.

I highly, highly doubt there will be. As neat as it looks - it's a nostalgia thing and there's no plans for anything like that on their site. I wouldn't expect much out of the CHIKARA game either with the studio making that games history.

17 hours in and I'm just getting my first Paralogue missions. There's a lot to this game. And managed to recruit 4 people to my house!

18 hours ago, apsham said:

I highly, highly doubt there will be. As neat as it looks - it's a nostalgia thing and there's no plans for anything like that on their site. I wouldn't expect much out of the CHIKARA game either with the studio making that games history.

I honestly think that the Chikara game looks shit.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, apsham said:

I'm just desperately trying to get Petra on my team.

I'm trying to convince Bernidetta with no luck because I don't use bows!

On 28/07/2019 at 17:19, Tigerstyle said:

I ordered a Switch today, arrives on Tuesday.

It comes with Mario Maker 2 and a £30 DLC voucher.

I also have around £100 voucher for CEX. What should I get first?

Super Mario Odyssey seems obvious but it's one of my favourite games of all time.

Other than it really depends on what type of games you enjoy playing, the Switch has something for most genres. Mainly Mario related.

2 minutes ago, Chris2Kay said:

Super Mario Odyssey seems obvious but it's one of my favourite games of all time.

Other than it really depends on what type of games you enjoy playing, the Switch has something for most genres. Mainly Mario related.

I think I want co-op, the obvious Mario Katt, Party and Smash Bros are to be gotten

2 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

I think I want co-op, the obvious Mario Katt, Party and Smash Bros are to be gotten

Overcooked is on the Switch I believe. That's a blast. There is a 2D mario game that can be played with 4 people. 

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

Overcooked is on the Switch I believe. That's a blast. There is a 2D mario game that can be played with 4 people. 

Got Overcooked on the PS4, my wife threatened to leave me.

• Like 1