The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

So - it's done through a process where you actually invest.

https://www.startengine.com/atari-game-partners

The Offering

Investment

Investment and participation is straightforward!

Invest any amount into the campaign (with $250 as a minimum), and earn your pro rata share of 50% of profits until you made 120% of your original investment; after which you’ll earn your pro rata share of 25% of profits until 18 months after the worldwide launch of the game, or the earlier termination of our license to market and sell the game!  The percentages are subject to pro rata decreases in the event we raise less than the $2,000,000 we are seeking to raise in this Offering and in the offering under Regulation D 506(c) in which we anticipate engaging.  See the Offering Details in the document below for a complete set of terms.

Perks*

- All investors: Atari Game Partners will host an Investors' site online, and you will have the option to have your name listed on that page;

- At least $750: Investor perk as outlined above, and a discount of 25% off the street price of the game at launch valid for a purchase of 1 unit of RollerCoaster Tycoon Nintendo Switch;

- At least $1,500: Both of the above Investor perks, and one free copy of the regular edition of the book “The Art of Atari”!

*All perks occur after the offering is completed

"Investment" or not, if you're paying (considerably) more than the actual price of the game, the least they can do is include a copy of the game in the deal. Anything else is ridiculous.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I picked up Mario + Rabbids Battle Kingdom today. It's actually a lot of fun! Just got to the first mid boss, and I've perfected every fight (the boss fight though was a challenge)

Kirby demo was fun enough, and the new "Friend" ability is cute - though I'm not really sure it brings all that much to the table, and feels a bit too much of a gimmick for gimmick's sake. I'm glad its otherwise a more conventional Kirby game rather than trying to reinvent the wheel, though, and I'm sure the gimmick could lend itself to some pretty fiendish puzzles later on.

I just want a sequel to Epic Yarn, though :(

The demo's luring Short Gal into thinking she can make her friends handle combat while she tackles puzzles...I'm not entirely sure.  We'll probably nab it when it drops a bit in price.

There will be a Nintendo Direct tomorrow concerning Mario Tennis and other Switch/3DS games.  Will be around 30 minutes.

I'm so excited for Mario Tennis, it's not even funny. Also the little ones loved the Kirby demo. Also also, I bought Mario Party Island Tour for my 3DS and my oldest daughter is so stoked that she can play it on hers too. She's watched so many muted Mario Party Let's Plays on YouTube that she's a big fan and she's never even played one before. 

On 3/5/2018 at 09:15, thatshortguy said:

Oh, you poor precious soul.

I beat the first boss, decided to try the first 'challenge'....it said it was very easy. Beating 14 or 15 guys in 3 rounds was not 'very easy'. It wasn't hard, but man...if that's very easy, the rest are gonna suck. 

Okami, Undertale and South Park: The Fractured But Whole are being ported to the Switch. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Little Nightmares and The Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy are also on the way.

EDIT: Oh, buggering hell. Super Smash Bros!