The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

On 9/11/2017 at 11:30, GoGOceanea said:

all aboard the GoGo Yubari Thinks Maybe This Time They Announce a Smash Port for Switch and Then They Don't Disappointment Express!

On 10/23/2017 at 20:44, GoGOceanea said:

MAYBE THIS TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME

I'LL WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

• Like 1

As long as it's a new game and not a port of the Switch version. I like the Switch, but the amount of re-releases from the Wii U is honestly getting a bit tiring.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Owen said:

As long as it's a new game and not a port of the Switch version. I like the Switch, but the amount of re-releases from the Wii U is honestly getting a bit tiring.

Agreed. Even then I'll go "cool, it's Smash!" realized I don't have a group of people to play it with and sell it. :P

Then again if they add single player kinda cool stuff back in with a story mode I'll be game.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Owen said:

That said, I’d love a Super Mario Maker port as I loved playing it at a friends house, but never actually bought a Wii U.

It must be a new Smash game, not a port, right? You don't do a dramatic teaser trailer with no gameplay footage for a port. Mental that it's out this year - even by Nintendo standards, that's been kept under wraps, unless it is just a glorified Wii U port.

The Squid Kids/Inklings weren't in the Wii U version, were they? So even if it is a port, it's an updated one.

Any other ideas for new characters? Now that the franchise has been opened up so much to third party characters, it could be anyone really, I suppose! I wonder if we'll see tweaks to Link and Mario to reflect Breath Of The Wild and Odyssey - maybe having a Cappy version of Mario?

Disappointed that Captain Toad is just getting a port rather than a sequel, even if it is coming with new content. It was an absolute gem on the Wii U, and I think a game that would have rightly been considered a classic had it been released on a better received console, so while it's good that more people will get the opportunity to play it, I was hoping for a whole new game, and the possibility of it creating a franchise. Captain Toad in Smash Bros, maybe?!

For me, them porting things over isn't a bad thing as I didn't have a Wii U but I can understand the frustration. 

Yes! Some of the most fun new additions to Smash Bros have been ones that completely turn the dynamic of how the game works on its head, or add a unique twist.

In theory, he'd be able to jump by dropping his backpack - maybe the backpack could offer him other abilities, and could be discarded and picked back up later, so you had to make tactical decisions as to when jumping was more useful than whatever else he could do. Maybe there could be key access points for him to tunnel around each level instead of jumping. Just spitballing stuff - it's a game, and a character, I love, so getting him in Smash Bros would make me happy, as much as I don't expect him to make the cut.

I want a good single player mode back, too - like the bonkers story mode from the Wii version.

• Like 2

I'd obviously not been paying attention, but I hadn't actually realised that Crash Bandicoot wasn't a Playstation exclusive franchise any more. Checking Wikipedia, it turns out that's not been the case for seventeen years. Oops.

Still...Crash Bandicoot in Smash to tie-in with N-Sane Trilogy getting released on Switch? That could be fun.

If I didn't have a PS4 or a 3DS, I'd love that they were porting Crash Bandicoot and Smash Bros (if it is, in fact, a port)... but I already own them both so I'm sorta only alright with the news, I guess? Smash Bros on Switch will be cool though because there was no 8 player on 3DS, and couldn't play it multiplayer, also portable Crash might be a thing to consider buying it again.

Played the Kirby demo earlier on and I think I'll be giving it a miss. It's a beautiful looking game but there isn't enough substance to the gameplay to make me want to go out and buy it. 

I did a bunch of the trials in world 1, but decided I should move forward in the story, otherwise I would never beat the game. 

Just finished world 2! My main two are Mario (obviously) and Rabbid Luigi. Mario jumps on enemies for 100 damage and has two shots with his overwatch ability. While RL can self heal so much and does 110 per slide tackle.

Played around with Rabbid Mario for most of world 2, but I think I am gonna give Peach a try.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ruki said:

I did a bunch of the trials in world 1, but decided I should move forward in the story, otherwise I would never beat the game. 

Just finished world 2! My main two are Mario (obviously) and Rabbid Luigi. Mario jumps on enemies for 100 damage and has two shots with his overwatch ability. While RL can self heal so much and does 110 per slide tackle.

Played around with Rabbid Mario for most of world 2, but I think I am gonna give Peach a try.

Sweet, innocent Ruki. :(