The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

On 3/25/2018 at 19:33, Ruki said:

Was at EB Games....man, their selection and price of Switch games suck.

Seems to be par for the course for people who like physical copies :(

Picked up Zelda Breath of the Wild today as I said I would wait until I completed Odyssey. My body is not ready for this.

Just now, iDOL said:

Picked up Zelda Breath of the Wild today as I said I would wait until I completed Odyssey. My body is not ready for this.

Neither is you mind and soul, I'd advise you clear at least a month of your schedule, I've put around 60 hours into my game just dicking around.

To be honest, I have logged in the least amount of hours for BOTW for all the games I own. 

I found it to be an okay game personally, but would see why others would find it amazing. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RPS said:

To be honest, I have logged in the least amount of hours for BOTW for all the games I own. 

I found it to be an okay game personally, but would see why others would find it amazing. 

+1 to this.  Breath of the Wild is a spectacular game, but it just never got to me.  The sense of joy and wonderment people describe from this game is exactly what I'm getting from Stardew Valley, so hopefully I can hop back into Hyrule at some point and really get into it.

Completed the first 'dungeon' in Blossom Tales a couple of nights back.  The game can get a little too close to Diablo territory with the number of enemies it will throw at you simultaneously, but it's still nothing completely overwhelming.  Throwing bombs is a bit of a pain, as the game seems to be inconsistent in what constitutes a long enough button press to throw a bomb versus just setting it down.  These are minor gripes, though.  Especially for $15 - let alone if/when it goes back on sale - this is a perfect replication of Link to the Past.

Anyone spend some time with the Switch version of Night In The Woods?  Been hearing many a good thing about it.

8 minutes ago, Ollie said:

Finished Celeste last night. Early GOTY contender. Easily the best game about mental health and anxiety I've ever played. Hit me right in the feels and I'm pumped to go back for the strawberries/b-sides.

Just how close to Meat Boy is that one on the frustration scale?  I am quite intrigued, but I really don't need a game beating me over the head with difficulty right now.

Having completed both, Celeste is a lot easier. Its still frustrating and you'll die plenty of times, but it's a lot more forgiving than Super Meat Boy, and it's well worth it for the absolutely brilliant story. Also most of the really hard bits are reserved for the completely optional strawberries, a lot of which are fun to attempt once or twice and then it's easy enough to move on (if you'll let yourself). I think I finished the game with 90/175 strawberries, and I can't wait to go back and attempt the rest. There's also B-Sides, which are unlockable versions of each level that are a lot harder, but again, completely optional.

Can't recommend it enough.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The console versions historically haven't been highly regarded, mainly because they ran slowly and had smaller player databases. On the handheld front, the Vita version from a few years ago ran at a snail's pace, so I hope the Switch version is a little faster.

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I finally found a box of the cereal but I've never used an amiibo before. What the hell do I do?

I’ve never been more confused by a post.

1) There’s hundreds of boxes of cereal at the grocery store.

2) The hell is an amiibo?

3) Eat the cereal. Since it took you so long to find you’re probably hungry.