The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

An Ambiibo is a small, spiky haired mammal.

Also @The Chiksrara Special fix your signature, it's the size of a Bayonetta boss now.

I'm finally buying a Switch next week. Is the Rocket League port for it decent enough? I was thinking of buying that and Odyssey. I want to save Breath of the Wild until later, and I've already played Mario Kart quite a lot on my sister's console. RL seems like the ideal 'pick up and pay' sort of title.

2 minutes ago, GA! said:

I'm finally buying a Switch next week. Is the Rocket League port for it decent enough? I was thinking of buying that and Odyssey. I want to save Breath of the Wild until later, and I've already played Mario Kart quite a lot on my sister's console. RL seems like the ideal 'pick up and pay' sort of title.

It's apparently a good port. It doesn't look quite as good as the other versions, but I don't suppose you'd be playing Rocket League for ultra-realistic graphics anyway. Odyssey is a lot of fun, as I'm sure you've heard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GA! said:

That's a funny way of spelling PS4. :(

• Sad 1

Since I've received my Switch on Christmas, it has quickly become my favorite console. The last time I fired up my X-Box One was to use Netflix, I can't remember the last time I used it for gaming. I also barely play my 3DS anymore. I really wish we could get a port of Fire Pro World though!

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat as Meacon - the Switch is chock full of games that look like shovelware, indy games that I've owned on 3 different platforms before already and Nintendo exclusives that are few and far between (but, much better than the Wii U) that are sometimes rehashes and sometimes experiences that aren't quite for me. If it wasn't for Zelda and/or the inability to back up saves, I doubt I'd still have my Switch for the foreseeable future.

I'm finding myself more and more inclined to play portable games than console games now, and that's something I never thought I'd say this time last year. I bought LA Noire and Skyrim on the Switch just to replay them on a handheld device, and I preferred it to the big screen experience. I was never much of a fan of the clamshell design of the DS and 3DS, but the Switch is something I find to be very ergonomic and comfortable. I'm eagerly awaiting more Xbox 360/PS3 generation ports, although I do agree that they could do with being cheaper.

On 4/26/2018 at 11:05, Ruki said:

The games just need to drop in price.... I want to pick up Disgaea 5. But it's a few years old, and still $80. 

I should probably have picked it up for the $40 used at my local GameStop then?

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/05/2018 at 18:57, Owen said:

DK Country Tropical Freeze is awesome. I've only played one level but I'm already in love.

I'm thinking about getting it when the price drops a little. It was really fun on Wii U, but some of the early boss levels drove me nuts.

Also, the whole Switch Online thing and emphasis on classic NES games has me really scared about virtual console :(

Edited by Tyrone
  • Like 1