Sign in to follow this  
zero

Nintendo Megathread

4 hours ago, iDOL said:

Has anyone won a game of Tetris 99? The highest I’ve gotten is 14

I have! 18 times, no less. (H)

• Like 3

Got a Switch a couple of weeks ago with Zelda: BotW and Fire Emblem: Three Heroes.

So far I've found Breath of the Wild incredibly disappointing. I've never been much of a Zelda fan and I think this has closed the door on the franchise for me. It feels like Ubisoft made a Zelda game with the repetitiveness of all the towers and puzzle caves.

I've not really been able to get into Fire Emblem yet but I seem to keep getting interrupted whenever I start playing it.

On 04/10/2019 at 07:22, Ollie said:

I have! 18 times, no less. (H)

fuckin' nerd

My highest finish has been 4th, about 10 times.

7 minutes ago, GA! said:

fuckin' nerd

My highest finish has been 4th, about 10 times.

Make that 19.

On 30/09/2019 at 13:07, Ollie said:

Just finished Link's Awakening. I'll be damned if that's not a near perfect game.

How long would you say the game is? Interested in getting it but I've got so much stuff already to do on my PS4 and on the Switch

10 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

How long would you say the game is? Interested in getting it but I've got so much stuff already to do on my PS4 and on the Switch

All depends how familiar you are with the original. For me, going in blind having never played the original it took about 20-25 hours. If you played the original and know where you're going then it's probably half of that, because a lot of my time was spent figuring stuff out.

It's definitely worth it though, easily one of my games of the year so far.

I'm really tempted to get the RingFit Adventure, just because my flabby ass needs to do something.

On 11/10/2019 at 15:00, Ollie said:

All depends how familiar you are with the original. For me, going in blind having never played the original it took about 20-25 hours. If you played the original and know where you're going then it's probably half of that, because a lot of my time was spent figuring stuff out.

It's definitely worth it though, easily one of my games of the year so far.

Forgot to say that Heather got me it for my birthday and I absolutely fell in love with it. I never played the original but just lost a few hours in playing it so glad for the recommendation 👍

• Like 1

Rogue Legacy is currently £3 on Switch. It's one of my all time favourite games and that's an incredible price for it.

2 hours ago, iDOL said:

Ring Fit Adventure worth the price?

I'm enjoying it so far. And it's making me sweat.

Black Friday is so diluted at this point, I don't even know the best Black Friday deals for Nintendo. 

• Sad 1

I'm pretty sure I've asked this before in this thread but I seriously can't keep track of this shit so that I can do something about it when I have money.

Keeping in mind backwards compatibility and such...

I have not played a Pokemon game since the GBA discontinued.

If I wanna play the most missed games I can then what device do I need to buy?

A 3DS should cover Diamond/Pearl, Black/White, Black 2/White 2, X and Y and Sun/Moon. Everything between Ruby/Sapphire and Sword/Shield basically.

EDIT: Forgot X and Y, i.e. the best ones :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, 3DS. Also, there is no way you would play all the games if you did this though. I would absolutely play X&Y and B&W+2 and skip the rest. The Ruby and Sapphire remakes and Sun/Moon were not good and Diamond is very good but I can't imagine wanting to play if you could just play X/Y. 

• Thanks 1

Playing Daemon Ex Machina and it's pretty neat. Nothing super innovative, but pretty solid nonetheless.

Gamestop is having a hell of a deal on the Physical Starlink pilots and ship accessories on their website. I just picked up all of them plus a ergonomic grip for $40

25-D4-C507-015-D-441-C-9-B17-E610-E9-B74

118.00 for a 3DS XL, charger and a game was a good deal, right?

sure.

It quite amazes me the amount of graphical ability they've been able to fit into handhelds now. The Witcher III on the Switch looks amazing and I love being able to play it without taking up the television on my wife.

• Like 1