The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

I've just finished the New Donk City festival in Super Mario Odyssey. Just amazing, the song in the background, the realisation that Mayor Pauline is Pauline from the original Donkey Kong game, the fact you're essentially playing the original Donkey Kong game in 2018, everything about it is just great and such a joyous experience.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

I've just finished the New Donk City festival in Super Mario Odyssey. Just amazing, the song in the background, the realisation that Mayor Pauline is Pauline from the original Donkey Kong game, the fact you're essentially playing the original Donkey Kong game in 2018, everything about it is just great and such a joyous experience.

I've added a few versions of that song to my spotify. It's great!

I've seen gameplay of that, looks fun!

but I'm still too busy rocking the heck out of Octopath. I'm done everyone's chapter 2 and have just finished Tressa's and Olberic's chapter 3. Still loving the battle system and the music and everything to do with this game. 

Just finished Odyssey, an absolutely fantastic game. My ending...

Spoiler

Peach decides to ignore both the guy that's risked his life to save her from the clutches of a monster, and also the monster who has gone to an extreme amount of effort to put on a spectacular wedding, then flies off on the only means of transport available leaving them both to likely die on the moon. What a complete bitch. 

21 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Just finished Odyssey, an absolutely fantastic game. My ending...

Reveal hidden contents

Absolute legend, she is. We stan only queens.

• Like 3

I finished Sonic Mania on Sunday. Well, almost, sodding chasing the robot for sodding Chaos Emeralds. It's so much fun. A nice mix of new-old and new-new levels, most of which quite high octane and with surprising variety in terms of boss battles. Definitely worth £30. Would be worth your standard £50 too tbh. I'm now in 'Encore' mode - I'm not sure why it exists as it goes back into the Sonic Mania story after a couple of remix levels at the start, but it's good to play through the game again so soon.

Pretty great reveals across the board. The Belmonts are such no-brainers that I'm surprised I didn't see any actual speculation about them. Chrom and Dark Samus are kinda weak but since echos are a big part of the deal now it's sort of a "why not?" thing. K. Rool is of course an obvious pick and is in that Ridley school of characters who were gonna make it in eventually.

It should be a Nintendo dating sim featuring all the characters in Smash Bros. You should also be able to have the characters procreate and make babies that look like a combination of the two characters. Like for example, what if Kirby and Princess Peach got married and had three babies?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RPS said:

It should be a Nintendo dating sim featuring all the characters in Smash Bros. You should also be able to have the characters procreate and make babies that look like a combination of the two characters. Like for example, what if Kirby and Princess Peach got married and had three babies?

hahahaha what the fuck I just did this

• Like 4