The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

9 hours ago, Sousa said:

if you click the tweet it will show you the list, which is under the tweet, it's how twitter works

I'm old. Don't shame me for not knowing how Twitter works. 

2 hours ago, MDK said:

Baby, don't say that. You are experienced. And your hairline is just taking an extended vacation.

😧

12 hours ago, Sousa said:

if you click the tweet it will show you the list, which is under the tweet, it's how twitter works

It is weird to rank the humans, so here is my list of Smash characters that I would smash from most smashable to least: 

1. Bowser
  2. Pikachu
  3. Squirtle
  4. King Dede
  5. Kirby
  6. Donkey Kong
  7. Yoshi
  8. Jigglypuff
  9. PacMan 
  10. King K Krool 
  11. Ridley
  12. ROB
  13. Greninja
  14. Lucario 
  15. Ganondorf
  16. Bowser Jr. 
  17. Ivysaur
  18. Falco
  19. Mewtwo
  20. Fox
  21. Meta Knight
  22. Pichu
  23. Diddy Kong
  24. Charizard
  25. Sonic
  26. Mr. Game and Watch
  27. Wolf

On 07/08/2018 at 07:40, thatshortguy said:

I may pop over and check on the PC player base, but I'm a wee bit concerned on how people keep describing Hollow Knight and Dead Cells as difficult games.  I'd be curious to know how they compare to something like Rogue Legacy before I plunk down $35 for both.

Quick update regarding Dead Cells on the Switch:  yes, it can be overly chaotic initially and there are some hiccups regarding the frame rate, but if you even remotely like this sort of game, you will very likely get hooked.

I've reached the first boss only once thanks to what I thought was an awesome build, but got thwacked pretty quickly during the boss fight.  With more cells, I'll get better drops and hopefully things will be a bit easier.  Those sewer scorpions and every enemy that can pass through walls can bite me.

Details of the long-rumoured Diablo III port were leaked today by Forbes in a post that's since been deleted. It will include all the expansions and updates, as well as a set of Ganondorf-themed armour. An official announcement is expected tomorrow.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Details of the long-rumoured Diablo III port were leaked today by Forbes in a post that's since been deleted. It will include all the expansions and updates, as well as a set of Ganondorf-themed armour. An official announcement is expected tomorrow.

its-happening.jpg

I finally bought a Switch. Been really enjoying Mario Odyssey, which feels so much like Mario 64. The Mega Man Collection has me wondering how I managed to finish the first three games when I was a child, but is enjoyable.

I'm looking forward to The Fracture But Whole, and am hoping that Stick of Truth gets a physical release, as they already said it's coming one way or another.

I'm hoping that Mario Maker winds up on the Switch as well... and I wouldn't be upset if Fire Pro makes its way there too.

Has there been any talk of the eShop returning? Or what's its replacement? Will I be able to purchase older games and play them on my Switch? I'd love to dive back into some n64 stuff like Mario, Wave Race and more... but I've been out of the Nintendo loop a little and have no idea what the online service will allow.

1 minute ago, Gabriel said:

Has there been any talk of the eShop returning? Or what's its replacement? Will I be able to purchase older games and play them on my Switch? I'd love to dive back into some n64 stuff like Mario, Wave Race and more... but I've been out of the Nintendo loop a little and have no idea what the online service will allow.

So mid-September they're launching their online service - which is relatively cheap compared to others, I think it's something around 20 dollars for a year. Games like Splatoon/Smash going forward are going to need that sub, but to answer your questions - it comes with access to some NES games with leaderboards/online multiplayer in some cases and that seems to be their version of it for now. Only NES games announced and it's been back and forth over the announcement history whether they're going to be there permenantly/rotated out or what not but right now it looks like they're there for good and new ones will be added. Otherwise they seem perfectly happy to restrict that kind of stuff to NES/SNES Mini/Classics instead.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

I assume you mean the Virtual Console, as the eShop is just the name of Nintendo's digital store. Nintendo has said the Virtual Console banner won't be coming to Switch, but there was no confirmation that old games would never be re-released in some form or fashion on the system. The most prominent online leakers, who had divulged more or less all the technical details about the Switch months before it launched, claimed that a few Gamecube games were known to be compatible, with the expectation that this functionality would be available at some stage.

What surprises me more is that video services like Netflix and Youtube aren't available. You can use them on 3DS, Wii and Wii U, yet the newest device doesn't support them yet. Another strange thing is that the Switch has a web browser that's only accessible by exploiting a workaround. For some reason, though, the console officially doesn't support web browsing.