The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

1 minute ago, Ruki said:

Right? He does such a great job of explaining it, with a nice calming voice. Makes speed runs interesting, when I have no real interest in them.

Exactly! I used to watch siglemic on occasion a few years ago when he did Super Mario 64 runs, but nothing at all since then, never really had an interest. They're just such an easy watch, and it's such a random thing to binge but it's all so well made, written and explained that it just draws you in.

Civ 6 will almost certainly be stripped down, but having it on a portable sounds good. Mega Man 11 and Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition have also been announced. I think they would have been part of the scheduled Direct, which was postponed due to the earthquake in Japan.

For me, it's the Mario games and Zelda when I finally get around to grabbing it, that pulled me in. I have hope that other titles will draw my interest. Dead Cells looks solid as hell. And there are games being released that were on other consoles, but I feel like will be better on the Switch. I haven't played The Fractured but Whole yet, but Stick of Truth was so much fun. I'll be snagging the first one when it hits the eShop so that I can play through again, and my wife can play it. Then I will grab the second.

There's so much possible with the system, that if Nintendo continues to work with other developers, continues to put out strong first party titles and makes the device capable of using streaming apps like Netflix, Shudder, CraveTV, WWE Network, the NHL Network, etc etc... that there is so much use for the system both at home and on the go.

I'm also holding out hope that there's a return to the more classic style of fun sports titles... a Marvel based action game would be really cool too. If I didn't already own it on the PS4, I'd be picking up BroForce on the Switch this month. In fact, if you haven't played it, pick up BroForce... BRO!

Civ 6 runs just fine on my Extremely Ancient PC with a graphics card that's pushing 5-6 years old--I have to dial back some graphics things (and the leaders don't animate at all), but it'd absolutely be doable on the Switch. From the sound of it, it's the complete basic game and the four DLC leaders (Australia, Norway, Khmer, and Poland IIRC). Sounds like it's not Rise & Fall yet, which is unfortunate because that's the version I like, but honestly the biggest mechanic things I'll miss are the way R&F made governments a little better (legacy bonuses as policy cards). America and France are gonna suck again.

...and Governors, dammit.