The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

i actually did not dig hollowknight. i see why it is a great game, but metroidvanias are not my thing. 

i got 40 hours into stardew valley. loved it.

19 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

A final Super Smash Bros Ultimate Direct presentation will take place on Thursday. Sadly, I'll be at work when it's on.

The  final roster has been (allegedly) leaked anyway... 

Spoiler

Piranha Plant is the best possible Ethan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris2K said:

When I couldn't find it I was a bit stunned they didn't have it seeing as my 2DS does.

You can still use Youtube and Netflix on the Wii U too. It's amazing that these services are still supported on that system, yet its successor, which has now been out for around twenty months, doesn't have them. What's stranger is that it has a web browser that you can only access through an exploit. Again, that's something the 3DS and Wii U have had for years, and still do.

CAn someone teach me about the various DS handhelds? He last handheld I owned was a GBA so I've got no damn clue what how many there are since and what is backwards comparable with what. I wanna play the Pokemon games I've missed.

Basically everything's compatible with one console back. Regular DS can play GBA games, 3DS/2DS (which are identical) can play DS games, so you can play Black/White and Diamond/Pearl on them. New 3DS or New 2DS is your best bet since it'll run Sun/Moon more smoothly than anything.

• Thanks 1

On 12/09/2017 at 16:37, Colly said:

Can anyone help me out with what on earth I'm looking at with a DS? I'm considering getting one for my 6 year old for Christmas, but I'm bewildered by the "New" ones. I can get a 2DS for about £75 which seems reasonable, while a New 2DS XL is a chunk more than that, but states it allows you to play New 3DS games. Is that a thing, are New 3DS games a different format? I feel like my dad. 

For info everyone was very helpful after I posted this last year. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sousa said:

Basically everything's compatible with one console back. Regular DS can play GBA games, 3DS/2DS (which are identical) can play DS games, so you can play Black/White and Diamond/Pearl on them. New 3DS or New 2DS is your best bet since it'll run Sun/Moon more smoothly than anything.

Thanks!

Looks like I'll be getting this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-New-3DS-XL-Super-Mario/dp/B076KRDRQG/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1542571741&sr=1-1&keywords=New+3ds