The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

17 hours ago, Skummy said:

Wanted to download Katamari, and potentially Smash Bros, and my Switch won't connect to wifi at all. Have tried every tutorial I can find, still nothing :(

I had this trouble last night downloading Splatoon 2, but once I reset my router, it seemed to work. Mine was likely a local issue though.

Good luck!

Also, my wife discovered the World of Light game mode last night, and she was thrilled to learn her favourite/main character was the only one to survive. She'll play through the game and only use that one character. Super fun.

I was under the impression that Smash Ultimate characters unlocked in a random order when unlocking through game time in Vs. mode... apparently this is not true but some sites still report this? Seems it's in a set order for that, but then through World of Light and Classic Mode you can unlock them in an order that changes depending on how/who you play as.

i-XZhxqqp-2100x20000.jpg

3 hours ago, DYSI said:

Anyone play The Flame in the Flood? It's from the makers of Don't Starve which I liked and I'm contemplating picking it up after I play some Mario Odyssey and Zelda. 

I did not like it. 

I got wi-fi working on the Switch. I have now finished every level of Katamari Damacy. I still find the cow/bear levels funnier than they are frustrating, thankfully.

Finished World of Light.

Not one Eternal Darkness character as a spirit or assist trophy or nothing 2/10.

But seriously though fun time. Might do the New Game+, not sure.

EDIT- Found an Alex Roivas spirit! :D

I don't really care for World of Light tbh. Half the time I'm up against some ridiculous task from a game I didn't play and it's just not fun to hope I get lucky this time against the Bayonetta who shoots smaller Bayonettas and turns into a giant Bayonetta with instant Final Smash recharge every twelve seconds. It's just not my thing.

It does seem a bit one-dimensional as an "adventure" mode, I still long for the days of The Subspace Emissary which was just so great, not just from the story perspective but in that it forced you to fight as different characters as the storyline progressed.

Also I miss trophies, and the bios that accompanied them, particularly now there are so many different games being covered that I haven't played and would like some kind of background information on the spirit characters.

This is all a bit nit-picky though as I'm still playing it whenever I get the chance.

I accidentally completed one of the endings in World of Light without realising and now I guess I can't complete any other endings? Oh. That's disappointing. Yeah, the mode was kinda flat and if I'm not able to complete the proper ending then it all feels like a bit of a waste of time tbh.

EDIT: okay never mind, it's possible to do more than one ending.

I did all three endings.

As far as tough challenges though, none are moreso than the fucking 9-Volt one. Even the True Ending battle is 1000 times easier just by virtue of you won't die from insta-kill bullshittery.

The wife picked up Mario Kart Deluxe as our Xmas gift to each other, and we obviously started playing already. The game is so much fun, but it kinda sucks that I don't have to unlock anything really. Weird complaint, but I really enjoy going through and unlocking all of the racers and grand prix's.

It sounds like there are plans to continue updating the game though, so hopefully that means even more tracks and racers are on the way. Played online with our friends last night, and I have to say, the Switch Online service is solid. I get hiccups playing online with my PS4 and XB1, but we played eight races with our friends and the whole thing went seemlessly.