The Anime Thread

Ruki

Ehhhh, the high point of the track and scene weren't synced up. The song functions in a certain way that it can't just be laid over a scene that happens to be the same length.

On 17/09/2018 at 14:54, Apsham said:

Is it? I've been trying to hunt that own forever and it's so expensive to buy. I swear the last time I looked around, I saw it on a service but it didn't have the full archive - just the most 15 most recent episodes.

Yeah! At least for me! 

http://www.crunchyroll.com/jojos-bizarre-adventure

Yo-kai Watch is the weirdest import choice for a kids franchise considering the "Demons!!" reaction a chunk of the population had against Pokemon with zero basis. Meanwhile Yokai are  straight up demons in folklore.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am 8 minutes into Goblin Slayer. I was expecting a fantasy based show (I love it when the world is full of adventurers and classes like in D&D)..... holy shit is it more graphic than I was expecting. Like... uncomfortably so.

The goblin rape scene? What the fuck is that shit. If that continues I will have to drop this.

On 14/10/2018 at 06:30, Ruki said:

I am 8 minutes into Goblin Slayer. I was expecting a fantasy based show (I love it when the world is full of adventurers and classes like in D&D)..... holy shit is it more graphic than I was expecting. Like... uncomfortably so.

Hide contents

The goblin rape scene? What the fuck is that shit. If that continues I will have to drop this.

Now, I never actually watched or read any Goblin Slayer, but from what I've heard, I think the rape stuff is a constant throughout the story. I may be wrong though, but I think every time I heard about GS, it was because of the rape crap being extreme. Hell, I read people's complaints that, in comparison to the books, the scene in the show was tame.

From TVTropes:

Remember: There *are no* female Goblins; which is why they rape whenever they can just to procreate and keep the species alive. Explosive Breeders or not, considering the hundreds of new Goblins born per-province every year... well, do the maths... or then again better not.

So yeah, I guess there's quite a lot of rape shown, or at the very least, implied.

I finished re-watching Death Parade last night. Such a great show... And the opening theme is one of the catchiest themes ever.

7 hours ago, Johnny Latino Heat said:

Hide contents

Now, I never actually watched or read any Goblin Slayer, but from what I've heard, I think the rape stuff is a constant throughout the story. I may be wrong though, but I think every time I heard about GS, it was because of the rape crap being extreme. Hell, I read people's complaints that, in comparison to the books, the scene in the show was tame.

From TVTropes:

Remember: There *are no* female Goblins; which is why they rape whenever they can just to procreate and keep the species alive. Explosive Breeders or not, considering the hundreds of new Goblins born per-province every year... well, do the maths... or then again better not.

So yeah, I guess there's quite a lot of rape shown, or at the very least, implied.

I finished re-watching Death Parade last night. Such a great show... And the opening theme is one of the catchiest themes ever.

Jeeze. And some of the people defending it online... it's just gross. I'm going to give it another try, but if they do show another scene with that, I'm out. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you enjoy Summer Wars and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, try Wolf Children. I think it's from the same director.

Also, other movies... I'd say A Silent Voice (this is probably my favorite anime movie ever),  Sword of the Stranger, Perfect Blue, the Berserk Golden Age Trilogy, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away... those are the ones that come to mind right now.