The Anime Thread

Ruki

Finished reading Chobits. I've been meaning to for years since I saw the DVD's of the anime being advertised in a mag when it was new. It's really,really good. I won't say it goes into my favorites list but it's one I'll always remember.

It really makes you think about the future of these

I just caught the first Persona 4 episode. It feels really weird to get nostalgia feels for some game you never played. I did watch two let's plays for it though, but yeah it's still feels really weird.

Seriously, everyday it does the same transition thing like in the game. It changed days three times in the first episode and I flipped out each time. And all the music is the same as the game too!

I'm looking forward to the fox and the beef bowl challenge and maybe seeing what happens in the band class because in both LP's they did Yumi.

I thought Ben-to sounded dumb as hell but man that intro(youtubed it) is dragging me in.

Ok I love this show. So fun to watch. I got the first 3 episode finished tonight.

Reading the Ace Attorney manga, I'm on Volume 4 of 5, in the second case (each volume has 2 cases). The prosecutor this round? Winston Payne. I wonder how this will go :shifty:

(I mean, we all know how Ace Attorney cases go, but still, seriously, Winston Payne? :shifty:)

Okay Shit-Eaters, time for Aku No PotatoHana Episode 3: Why Am I Doing This To Myself? :(

-- And Kasuga is debating if he should fuck Saeki's clothes or not.
-- "How did it come to this?" YOU STOLE HER CLOTHES, ASSHOLE, YOU DON'T GET TO COMPLAIN!
--"If I hadn't taken, this never would've happened." Well, hindsight is 20/20...
-- And we're at the intro!
-- "I'll throw them away!" Well, at least he's thinking.
-- Seriously, look at all that space, I'm sure you can find a spot.
-- Well, with other people's shit is a good start.
-- BUT SOMEONE WILL SEE YOU! FOILED AGAIN!
-- Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb. :shifty:
-- Eyes? What the fuck?!
-- Nice job being early asshole.
-- AND HERE'S SAWA!
-- "Did you write your essay?" Whoops.
-- Afroguy! Contributing nothing to the scene, as always!
-- "What am I going to do?" Fuck this guy. There, I said it.
-- Ah, so now the heat shifts to a thirty year old man with glasses hanging around the school....
-- Come to think of it, their teacher has glasses, he's a gym taecher, so he's Saeki in them a lot...so....
-- Oh Kasuga, don't go to the library, just get rid of the evidence and leave that four-eyed bitch alone, she's only going to blackmail you into something more devious and that what? Then you're up shit creek! OH YOU'RE GOING TO THE LIBRARY ANYWAY YOU DUMB BASTARD, oh, you're not using your brain.
-- Sawa and Kasuga lose it.
-- SHHHH, LIBRARY.
-- "Saeki's my muse, my femme fatale, my Maria, My venus"
-- She's Your Venus...She's Your Fire, You're Desire!
-- What the fuck is Sawa doing? Is she going to make Kasuga squeal like a pig? o_O
-- Okay, she's....dressing Kasuga in Saeki's gym clothes.
-- She's like the Japanese version of that chick from Fight Club.
-- "I'm a Deviant, just like you!" Sawa steals gym clothes...?
-- "Let's spend more time together after school, okay?!" Sounds like love.
-- PART II!
-- MEANWHILE IN EVERY ANIME CLASSROOM EVER...
-- Damn you rotoscoping....
-- One week's passesd....and no details about WHAT they did are revealed.
-- I can't help thinking Sawa looks a bit chunky....this animation style does not do her character design justice at all. It doesn't capture that evil smile.
-- "My hands have been smelling real nice lately, here, have a sniff". Translation: I stuck my hand up my ass, sucker.
-- *smells hand* Smells normal to me.
-- So...now she's smelling his hands.
-- This girl is evil. "You Deviant!" Yet I heard her say hentai.....whoever translated it sucks.
-- "Hentayaro!" Great Hentai! o_O (Wow, my casual Japanese is getting better :shifty: )
-- And the parents are giving him shit for being out late. I feel for him here, since he just can't say "Well Mom, I stole a girl's gym clothes and now I'm being blackmailed by a psychotic bitch who think's I'm some kind of freak on the level that she is, and believe me Mom, she is a freak, so I'm sorry if trying to keep my ass covered is a bit of a problem!"
-- "My feelings for Saeki are pure!" Bullshit.
-- :o Afroguy has a prono!
-- LOL...swapping a DVD. :shifty:
-- :o SOMEONE HAD HER LUNCH MONEY STOLEN!
-- You know, this is exactly what inspired Miles Edgeworth and Phoenix Wright to become lawyers :shifty:
-- AND THE COURT OF PUBLIC OPINION IMMEDIATELY CONVICTS SAWA!
-- Yeah, don't take now shit Sawa!
-- And now this girl's bearing false witness....all these people suck :shifty:
-- Kasuga:

h-objection.gif

1-1apollo-objects.gif

-- And the credits start as the court adjourns.
-- Decent episode, even if it is slow paced.

Persona 4 Episode 11

THE BEEF BOWL IS HUGE! Gosh dang.

And it's a metaphor for never giving up, they have to solve the case now!

Mitsubo/Fishface feels a lot weirder than in the game

The pc (Yu) is so awesome too, it's like if you played the game and picked the most feminine dialogue option everytime

Edited by ndqw

Just watched AMV Hell 6.66, much better than the original, although it was missing the best video from the original...

Makes me so sad! :crying:

But now I am in an anime watching mood. But I don't know what I wanna watch....something serious? Something cute? Something I've seen before?! GAH!

Date A Live seems to have potential, if you can get past the fan service in the first couple minutes of the first episode.

Long story short:

An Alternate Earth is plagued by 'spacequakes'. These are Spirits arriving from another dimension. One team is trying to destroy it, another thinks another approach is the answer. Specifically, having a high school boy (backed by a team of experts) essentially living out a dating sim (note DATING, not EROGE) on a Spirit. Hilarity ensues. I watched the first two episodes last night and I'll stick with it.

Alternatively, you could go with Haiyore! Nyaruko-San, or that...oh, what's the name of it, it's the one where Satan (not that Satan) is sent to Earth and gets a fast food job. That one's pretty good too.

Dammit, Pyscho Pass was taken down off of Anime Take, and I can't find a full torrent of all the episodes.

And 'Date A Live' sounds interesting, but I don't wanna follow something week by week. Let me know when it's done/worth it. Although, saying that, MAL says if I liked FMA:B, I would like Attack On Titan. Maybe I should give that a watch.

This sounds awesome though

Edit: So downloading the first 3 episodes of Attack on Titan, all of Deadman Wonderland + Psycho Pass....so, apparently I'm not in the mood for cute/fun.

Just watched the first episode of Attack on Titan. It was pretty good. Eren is kind of annoying right now, but I figure that will change.

I need a new laptop though, it was lagging on here. And when I tried to stream it on my xbox.

Always fun watching dubbed 90s anime. Right now it's Cowboy Bebop, yet every time Spike talks I'm seeing Onizuka in my head. The bad guy in the first episode also has the same voice as a thug in the first episode of Outlaw Star :shifty:

Aku no Hana Episode 4: Holy Shit I've Lasted A Month With This Fucking Show o_O

-- It was his sled, okay? It was his fucking sled. There, happy?
-- Seriously though...here we go.
-- (Boy, am I nervous!)
-- That's right, last episode Kasuga was getting ready to play Ace Attorney defending Sawa.
-- More of the emo crap...
-- Saeki didn't know he was 'that kind of guy' for defending Sawa, and says it was really cool. Saeki thinks she's innocent as well.
-- WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU CRYING?!
-- And the credits, which I will skip.
-- Meanwhile, down by the river, Kasuga and Sawa sit.
-- I'll say this for Sawa, she doesn't mince words.
-- "You have to tell me everything, no secrets." Okay.
-- Mom's pissed cause Kasuga's late. Nice to see an anime mom that isn't so super bubbly...you know the kind I mean.
-- Bah, he's one of those that writes poses.
-- And for some reason, he puts the box with Saeki's clothes away.
-- Oh Kasuga, what ya doing skipping to class like that for? Everyone's going to think you're a weirdo, and then what? Then your social life is ruined. Oh, don't go into class smiling like thaOH YOU DID IT YOU DUMB BASTARD! Oh, you're not using your brain.
-- I'm sure this would be fantastic if I were on drugs.
-- :o AND SAEKI SAYS GOOD MORNING TO HIM, LEADING THE CLASS TO COLLECTIVELY SAY 'WHAT THE FUCK?'
-- More emo angst.
-- Help = Carry the whole load.
-- "Are they heavy" "Oh....no. *CLANG*"
-- "He's late," says Sawa. Oh boy. Kasuga's screwed.
-- "They have books you can't even find in Tokyo" Somehow I doubt the accuracy of that statement.
-- AND HE ASKS SAEKI OUT!
-- And boom go the boxes.
-- Ackward physical contact. But Saeki says yes.
-- BUST. ED.
-- Holy Evil Smile Batman.
-- It's like Kasuga knows he's screwed now.
-- MEANWHILE AT EMO-KID'S SECRET HIDEOUT.
-- What's to consider? You asked her out...she said yes. You're happy, she's happy....so what's the deal?
-- "I HAVE TO READ A BOOK!" No Kasuga, you probably just need to jerk off and get it out of your system....
-- And Sawa shows up, throwing the pebbles in the middle of the night.
-- It's kinda creepy that she knows which room is his.
-- Huh, I have a feeling this is the closest Sawa will get to looking like her manga counterpart.
-- Which gives me the cool idea and hope that they will gradually take a more traditional anime styl with the art the furthest this goes.
-- BITCH SLAPPED BY SAWA!
-- "That hurt :( " Pussy.
-- She wants him to bring her gym clothes before the date.
-- Hint: When Sawa smiles, RUN.
-- This is more annoying than that time Peter decided to narrate his life for two weeks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMRRNE5G6AI

-- :shifty:
-- Date day is here, they're outside the school, and Sawa is all in black, forcing Kasuga into the women's bathroom.
--...Now they're in a stall together.
-- "Wear them underneath."
-- "GET CHANGED, YOU FUCKING DEVIANT."
-- "You're mad, right?" Fucking Sherlock Holmes, ladies and gentlemen.
-- And she plays it right off.
-- "You hit your head or something?" Well, she did slap him.
-- Christ, she's a fucking psycho. And not the good anime psycho like Yuno, the REAL LIFE KIND OF PSCYHO, like driving across three states wearing a diaper to confront your cheating lvoer psycho.
-- In contrast, Saeki wears white.
-- Course, Kasuga's wearing her clothes underneath, so...creepy.
-- And the ending begins. Which is fucking crepey. As Sawa watches. Which is fucking creepy.
-- And that's a wrap, hope you liked it, you fucking shit-eaters.

Aku no Hana Episode 5

-- LAST TIME, ON EMO BALL Z!
-- Today is the date between Saeki and Kasuga.....what twisted schemes has Sawa thought up for it?
-- That's right...you're wearing her gym clothes!
-- And Sawa is right on their tail. I'll credit her with how devious she is.
-- On one hand, for all the shit I get this show, i'ts nice to see something that isn't set in Tokyo.
-- Really, Kasuga did this to himself. If he just burned the fucking clothes or something, when Sawa turns him in, he could just be all "Who you gonna believe, me or the crazy bitch?"
-- Always passionite about books, Kasuga.
-- "You really like books, huh." Saeki, stating the obvious.
-- And he picks up a book called "The Flowers of Evil". Fun fact...this anime's English translation is "The Flowers of Evil".
-- :o KASUGA CAN SEE HER BRA!
-- Impressive mustache on the cashier.
-- Awww, and he buys Saeki the book.
-- SAWA SEES YOU, KASUGA!
-- Oh Kasuga, don't leave Saeki alone in the book store. That crazy bitch is just going to do something to ruin your date and OH, YOU'RE DOING IT, YOU'RE LEAVING HER YOU DUMB BASTARD. Oh, you're not using your brain.
-- Maybe his heart's racing because some freak that would cut out his kidney's has him cornered?
-- And she wants him to kiss Saeki.
-- And he sees Saeki wearing the gem clothes? I think the pressure is getting to him.
-- ...He now sees Saeki as an angel, repeating the same words over and over.
-- DENTAL PLAN!
-- LISA NEEDS BRACES.
-- DENTAL PLAN!
-- Ahem.
-- KASUAGA HAS JUST LED THE LIONS TO THEIR FIRST SUPER BOW--Oh, it's just Sawa dunking Kasuga with water.
-- And the gym clothes can be seen! RUN KASUGA RUN!
-- Man, Sawa's such a bitch. Not cool, woman. Not cool.
-- "That was cruel, Nakamura!" No shit.
-- "TRAITOR! I TOLD YOU TO KISS HER!"
-- You didn't give him the chance!
-- How kind, Sawa won't reveal the fact she's blackmailing him.
-- And the credits start.
-- Kasuga's left with a nice WTF look on his face.
-- NEXT TIME ON EMO BALL Z: KASUGA DOES SOMETHING FACEPALM WORTHY (probably)

Okay, I think I'm getting back in the groove everyone. So should I start Attack on Titan? Hataraku Maou-Sama!, Red Data Girl, Suisei no Gargantia, and A Certain Specific Railgun S also sound pretty interesting. Maybe I'll give them a look. Not a lot in the Spring season seems to have been received real fondly. I've been meaning to watch Durarara! and numerous other series, maybe it's best if I use this time to play catch up.

Speaking of catch up, I still have to finish a handful of last season's shows still AND am real far behind on Uchuu Kyoudai.