The Anime Thread

Ruki

Attack on Titan ep. 7

So we have a sad episode and then a titan comes and starts killing other titans. I'm 99.99999% sure the titan is Eren. Still curious about the history/origin of the walls but this instance affirmed something I suspected about the titans since the start of the series. (They reproduce by eating)

7HcVPBN.png

Suisei no Gargantia ep. 7

And things are about to go down. Strife all about the Gargantia, Ledo mad as hell as his soldier training resurfaces and smothers the humanity he's gained from his time on board the ship, and the impending threat of Hideauze. This has a shot at a really thrilling last 5 episodes if it goes the way I'm expecting. It's been real light for awhile and now Urobutcher has struck and killed the Fleet Commander. I wonder if more are to come, and I wonder if buried on the ocean floor in whalesquid territory are secrets about why the galaxy is the way it is.

I'm watching...

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge (average with crazy fetishes)

Hataraku Maou-sama! (Funny)

Suisei no Gargantia (Entertaining)

Attack on Titan (So far so good, but it is walking the thin line between SAO and good right now)

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (Funny)

Kakumeiki Valvrave (Ironically funny)

I might pick up Date a Live, is it worth my time? Any other shows you'd recommend Mick?

I like it so far, it's like part action part harem. As far the others shows on my list, Oreimo requires the first season to understand what's going on, and the very last show, which I can't be bother to type out, is a Lucky Star spinoff consisting of very short episodes (less than 5 minutes each). Other than that, I've been highly enteratined by all of them.

What is this My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU? Sounds like something that would be right up my alley.

It probably would be. It's called Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. in Japanese. Basically this cynical, anti-social 2nd year high school student who hasn't made friends nor talked to girls in years is forced to join a club with one member, a girl who is very cold and brutally honest. Then there's another member who comes in who is an upbeat medium between the two of them. From this point the club, called The Service Club, goes forth helping people with their problems. It's one of the best comedies I've watched recently, though behind Hataraku which is stellar. The character balance is good as well, the three mains all complement each other well. There are some running gags that are also funny, many of them involving the teacher/life coach who put Hachiman in the club in the first place.

You should definitely check it out.

Also, I want to say the OP to Hataraku Maou-sama! is soooo goooood.

Yeah, I did last night, seems to have potential; I'll add it to the list.

I'll do my best not to spoil Date A Live. Basically, in an alternate future not too far away, the world is devestated by 'space quakes'. Turns out what causes these quakes are 'spirits'; one high school student may be the key to stopping them.

While it starts off as light hearted and as a harem, the latest episode made it a bit darker.

Attack on Titan ep. 7

So we have a sad episode and then a titan comes and starts killing other titans. I'm 99.99999% sure the titan is Eren. Still curious about the history/origin of the walls but this instance affirmed something I suspected about the titans since the start of the series. (They reproduce by eating)

7HcVPBN.png

Suisei no Gargantia ep. 7

And things are about to go down. Strife all about the Gargantia, Ledo mad as hell as his soldier training resurfaces and smothers the humanity he's gained from his time on board the ship, and the impending threat of Hideauze. This has a shot at a really thrilling last 5 episodes if it goes the way I'm expecting. It's been real light for awhile and now Urobutcher has struck and killed the Fleet Commander. I wonder if more are to come, and I wonder if buried on the ocean floor in whalesquid territory are secrets about why the galaxy is the way it is.

Attack on Titant

I agree with you. That HAS to be Eren.

Kin-iro Mosaic sounds interesting, as does Danganronpa, and Gin No Saji. Really, there's a handful of interesting looking comedies there. May have to watch out for those.

Summer in a nutshell:

Second Season, Second Season, Second Season, Spin-off, Second Season.....

Nothing blowing my skirt up, not even the Fate spin-off.

Kin-iro Mosaic sounds interesting, as does Danganronpa, and Gin No Saji. Really, there's a handful of interesting looking comedies there. May have to watch out for those.

Danganronpa is a big hit on tumblr, apparently. ANd it sounds amazing. As does Tokurei Sochi Dantai And Other Words I Don't Understand. And Hyperdimension Neptunia is getting an anime! I've been meaning to play that game!

And I am looking at the list, but I've been lacking on my anime watching recently....not sure why.

There's a lot of second seasons for sure, that's the trend currently. Blood Lad, Danganronpa, Kin-iro Mosaic, and I'm sure others will wind up being shows I watch.

Also, I've been watching Durarara over the last few days. It's pretty incredible, one of the most well-written shows I've ever watched. There's a huge cast of characters but everything fits together very well. There's a plot twist in episode 11 that had me shitting bricks.

Attack on motherfucking Titan ep. 8

So it would seem that the reason you kill titans by slashing them in the neck is because that's where the human part of them resides. Well that's nice. We still have to explain why other titans have not opted to do what Eren did, but I'm sure at some point that will come to fruition. Really great episode, pacing was excellent. The scene where they had to kill the 7 titans in the supply room was fantastic.

So it would seem that the reason you kill titans by slashing them in the neck is because that's where the human part of them resides. Well that's nice. We still have to explain why other titans have not opted to do what Eren did, but I'm sure at some point that will come to fruition. Really great episode, pacing was excellent. The scene where they had to kill the 7 titans in the supply room was fantastic.

Well, that episode was something. The ending is a mind fuck, but the rest of the episode was packed full of awesome shit! Armin has a use now!

Theory: Eren was able to do what he did because his father fucked with his genetics or something.

Question: If that's where the human part of them lives....why the hell haven't they discovered this before? They've killed tons of Titans!

Also, any word on when Danganronpa and Hyperdimension Neptunia will be released?

Well, that episode was something. The ending is a mind fuck, but the rest of the episode was packed full of awesome shit! Armin has a use now!

Theory: Eren was able to do what he did because his father fucked with his genetics or something.

Question: If that's where the human part of them lives....why the hell haven't they discovered this before? They've killed tons of Titans!

Also, any word on when Danganronpa and Hyperdimension Neptunia will be released?

They haven't ever seen a titan get mauled by other titans so that it's body is of no use. This was a first. They've been killing titans in that spot so the human dies and they don't see it.

Hataraku Maou-Sama! ep. 9

ASHIYA! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!! The entire improvised Maou Syndicate story was magnificent. It was like George Costanza describing Vandelay Industries. He's the brightest star in a great series, I'd like more of him in future episodes. The entire episode was great, despite it all taking place in one short timespan the dialogue and everything was so well done that I didn't get bored once. James is such a sleaze. And the promotion at the end, was there magic involved? Suzuno seemed to indicate that with her face. Curious cliffhanger of sorts.

Just about to watch Psycho Pass (yeah, I'm a little behind :shifty:)

First thoughts: I like the animation

Second thoughts: I need a new laptop, since this AND Attack on Titan are both laggy/glitchy when I watch it at times.

Third thoughts:

Sucks to be the victim...gets kidnapped, beat, possibly rape, almost murdered, and then knocked out. Not a good day!

Fourth thought: I should not have put this off.