The Anime Thread

Ruki

Ruki...

You know nothing ends in season one. If it's successful enough they'll make a second season and then it might get overthrown.

I really hope they get a second season!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been in a shopping spree for anime (I've already watched all of these and I loved them, so...). In the last couple of weeks, I bought:

Complete series:

- FMA Brotherhood

- Soul Eater

- Black Cat

- Ga-Rei Zero

- Seto no Hanayome

- Eureka Seven

- Full Metal Panic!

- Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid

- Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu

- Heaven's Memo Pad

- B Gata H Kei

- Puella Magi Madoka Magica

- Angel Beats

- Love Hina

- Fate/Stay Night

Movies:

- Evangelion 1.11

- Evangelion 2.22

- Eureka Seven

Also Durarara volumes 2 & 3, hoping to find volume 1 as well, and I have Elfen Lied, Tiger & Bunny, Grave of the Fireflies, Clannad & Clannad After Story, Welcome to the NHK in my Amazon basket.

...I think I might have an impulse problem. <_<

Jesus Christ....

That must've cost you a fortune.

I went in to a store, took a look at the anime Blu-Rays, said "lol, nope."

Jesus Christ....

That must've cost you a fortune.

I went in to a store, took a look at the anime Blu-Rays, said "lol, nope."

Actually, most of the blu-rays were at a discounted price on Amazon. The Evangelion ones, for instance, were £7.25 and £10.25, and the rest were in the 20-30 £ range. Also, only Evangelion, Madoka, B Gata, Heaven's Memo Pad, Eureka Seven movie, and the Eden of the East movies were blu-ray, the rest were DVD collections. I also bought the Fate/Stay Night DVD collection after that post (brand new for £12.95, I can't resist a bargain), a Spanish Love Hina collection (that was a lot more than if I had bought the English collection, but the Spanish collection has Portuguese subtitles as well) and the 1st volume of Tiger & Bunny (also blu-ray).

The thing is, if I want anime series, I HAVE to buy it online, because over here the market for anime DVDs or Blu-Rays is practically nil. Sure, we get some of the most famous stuff (Dragonball, Naruto, Evangelion), but that's basically it, with some other titles sprinkled here and there, so... Seriously, I asked a friend of mine who usually went to anime conventions and stuff if she knew anime-centric shops around here, she could name three: two relatively near where I live and another one in a town about 300 km away, and the one I went to only sold books and toys (manga and comics). I guess anime just doesn't sell well enough around here for companies to invest in it.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

Question: Has anybody here seen Little Busters? I've seen 7 episodes and it still hasn't captivated me. I really want to like this (probably because I loved Clannad and I really liked Kanon and they're all from the same game studio), but it's been so... well, not mediocre, but so not interesting. If anyone has seen it, does it pick up on the second half of the series or something? Because I'm really considering dropping it.

Just a reminder that next week starts the Summer 2013 Anime Season. Here's a list, courtesy of TVTropes, of upcoming shows.

Of that, here's what I'll probably watch:

Blood Lad

Dangan Ronpa

Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA*ILLYA (....well, it is Fate :\ )

Genshiken Nidaime

High School DxD, Season 2

No Matter How I look At It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular! (Gotta be a shorter title for this :shifty:)

Silver Spoon (from the creator of FMA)

Will be watching Dangan Ronpa for sure.

Silver Spoon sounds weird. And the third season of 'The World Only God Knows'...maybe I'll get around to watching the first two, I already have them downloaded.

MAL is such a joke with stuff like that.

Where is the proper recommendation site? I should edit that into the first post so we always have it handy

There is none. MAL has some real good recommendations and then real bad ones, and little-to-no quality control.

As per usual I'll wait a couple weeks to pick up summer shows, I'll see which ones are well-received.

Just watched episode 12 and 13 of Attack on Titan.

You wanna know what i don't get?

How the hell are the Titans so dangerous?

They move slow, humans know how to kill them...why is this an issue? Constantly people are flying around in front of the face of the Titans when they should be doing sneak attacks. The war would be over in weeks!

Sheer numbers. You do see them moving pretty fast, Ruki, and Titans typically come in three flavors: 3 meters, 7 meters, and 15 meters. To put that into perspective, the largest known Tyrannosaur was 4 meters. Combine that speed with the whole joyfully eating humans bit and a tough vulnerability to hit. And you gotta remember, they showed up out of the fucking blue after a hundred years; there were few that knew how to deal with them. I also suspect there's a bit of backroom dealing going on with military responses. They sent 1/5th of humanity to fight them, knowing full well they'd die. You think they give a fuck about the folks in the outer wall?