Sign in to follow this  
Ruki

The Anime Thread

Ruki    3,445

I watched Your Name...I went in hyped, and I was not disappointed. The music, the visuals, the story...it was all beautiful to me. I actually cried a little bit, and I'm a relatively emotionless guy. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I watched Your Name...I went in hyped, and I was not disappointed. The music, the visuals, the story...it was all beautiful to me. I actually cried a little bit, and I'm a relatively emotionless guy. 

DId you watch it in a cinema? If so, I can only imagine the spectacle it must've been, I really wish we got anime in cinemas over here, I would definitely have gone to watch it.

• Like 1

Ruki    3,445
32 minutes ago, Johnny Latino Heat said:

DId you watch it in a cinema? If so, I can only imagine the spectacle it must've been, I really wish we got anime in cinemas over here, I would definitely have gone to watch it.

It did air in the theater here, but I didn't get a chance to see it sadly. Watched it on myc omputer. 

• Like 1

Ruki    3,445
On 11/21/2017 at 22:40, Ruki said:

Spoilers for episode 7

Reveal hidden contents

Minus the low quality animation at times, it's a pretty good anime. Everyone should start watching it!

Spoilers for episode 9

.....did they just kill rabbit like it was nothing? I'm sure there will be some funny business. But from what it seems, Ox, Tiger and Rat are the final 3. I like two of those!

Lars Kuyt    1,462

Just finished Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Damn, I'm going to watch this again in 2018/

Some real emotional moments near the end.

• Like 1

Ruki    3,445

Best anime of all time. 

• Like 1

mattman1624    9

I saw Your Name in a theater back in April, and it blew me away. I still have to see Get Out, but right now Your Name is my favorite movie of the year.

Ruki    3,445
On 12/5/2017 at 23:05, Ruki said:

Spoilers for episode 9

Reveal hidden contents

WHY DOES EVERYONE I LIKE DIE

Lars Kuyt    1,462

Watching Dragon Ball and damn I like that Baba is using like every universal monster as her fighters

• Like 1

OctoberRavenO    4,090

Watching Kakegurui. I didn't think it was possible to top Kill La Kill in "self-aware intentionally oversexualized"-ness, but this somehow does. I mean, the opening credits alone.

EDIT- I mean, it's not entirely fair to compare it to KLK because it was over the top for comedy, and this is over the top for "these characters are seriously deranged" dramatic effect, but still, damn.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

=BK=    8,979

I watched some DBS dub clips.

Hearing adult English speaking Goku talk about Bulma's boobs is weird.

Benji    42,134

I am forcing myself to finally watch Dragon Ball GT so that I can get around to watching DB Super (I know, GT comes after Super in one of the universes, but I feel like I have to watch in the order they were made), and oh my God I forgot how much it sucks. I think it might just be a "throw it on in the background whilst I do something else" kind of watch.

Jasonmufc    5,051

Yeah, there's a reason why Akira Toriyama didn't want to associate himself with the making of DFGT, and why they had no trouble retconning when Akira came back with new content. DFGT is fun, and at the time kid me loved the craziness of it all, but in hindsight it was just pretty awful as a whole.

Also, I just found out there are Marvel Anime's from the start of the decade. Iron Man, X-Men, Wolverine, and Blade.

The intro to Iron man looks hype as shit, as is expected for an action anime.

Does anyone know if they're actually good? Or should I avoid it?

=BK=    8,979
9 hours ago, Santa with Benjles said:

I am forcing myself to finally watch Dragon Ball GT so that I can get around to watching DB Super (I know, GT comes after Super in one of the universes, but I feel like I have to watch in the order they were made), and oh my God I forgot how much it sucks. I think it might just be a "throw it on in the background whilst I do something else" kind of watch.

GT doesn't follow Super. It's completely retconned by the developments in Super. Now it's just an interesting side story that could have happened. It's basically fan-fic.

It does get better once they get past the tribute to OG Dragonball stuff.

3 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

Yeah, there's a reason why Akira Toriyama didn't want to associate himself with the making of DFGT, and why they had no trouble retconning when Akira came back with new content. DFGT is fun, and at the time kid me loved the craziness of it all, but in hindsight it was just pretty awful as a whole.

Also, I just found out there are Marvel Anime's from the start of the decade. Iron Man, X-Men, Wolverine, and Blade.

The intro to Iron man looks hype as shit, as is expected for an action anime.

Does anyone know if they're actually good? Or should I avoid it?

Wolverine is supposed to be alright.

• Like 1

OctoberRavenO    4,090

I only saw a little bit of them, but I remember the X-Men one being okay, and the Iron Man one was watchable but not at all interesting. Like, the only thing I remember about the Iron Man anime was that Tony Stark was in Tokyo because all the Marvel Anime were set in Japan because anime I guess.

Ruki    3,445

Apparently there is a new Trigger anime coming out in January.

=BK=    8,979

DBS

Spoiler

These animators...they had 17 and 18 fighting in tandem in a scene and the only thing they could think of was "Both of them do flurry punches and ki-blasts!". FFS. I watch My Hero Academia clips and get bummed at seeing how fluid and cool modern anime fights can still be when DBS is so lazy. MHA even does the flurry punches spots better.

• Like 1

=BK=    8,979

Ahhhhhh, something cool about dubbed DBS!!

Spoiler

https://streamable.com/1s3c9

Copy Vegeta is Brian Drummond! People were pitching this idea since that episode aired in Japan. The two English Vegetas face off!!! 

=BK=    8,979

Anyone keep up with  My Hero Academia: Vigilantes? Honestly I like it more than the main series.

Lars Kuyt    1,462
3 hours ago, =BK= said:

Anyone keep up with  My Hero Academia: Vigilantes? Honestly I like it more than the main series.

What's that?

=BK=    8,979
5 hours ago, Lars Kuyt said:

What's that?

It's a prequel manga to MHA about three unlicensed heroes working in their city. It features past version of main series characters sometimes. 

=BK=    8,979

Finally watching the MHA anime. The more I get into this franchise the less I get about Bakugo

When I watch DBZ I can put myself in Vegeta's mind and I can understand his grudge and I get why he acts the way he does.

I can't do that with Bakugo. Everything seems to be an offense to him and he overreacts to it all. I just can't understand his level of anger. He's less prideful and more straight up hateful.

Also, Jesus fuck I hate Mineta.

=BK=    8,979

Weird. The MHA dub doesn't change Uraraka's accent when she talks to her parents like the manga does. She and her parents should have a country accent in that bit.