The Anime Thread

Ruki

Just pre-ordered the Black Lagoon OVA. Between that, Dangan Ronpa, and Sword Art Online I have a good selection of anime to watch.

I just got caught up on Dangan Ropan!

IT'S A TRAP!!!!

But a great two episodes. I love this show so much. Didn't see either of the major surprises coming. Hope that doesn't become a trend.

Seriously, no one saw the motorcycle guy as the killer. Almost no hints towards it!

Dangan Ronpa is awesome. I've just now caught up with it but wow and damn this is as every bit as wonderful as the premise made it out to be.

Also, I've been introducing a friend to Black Lagoon and he totally geeked out in the second episode. I think he might explode when we get to the OVA. I'm also wondering what his reaction will be to Rotton The Wizard.

I had the misfortune of watching episode 2 of the infamous Garzey's Wing during the "Bad Anime Bad" panel this weekend at Otakon. Everyone should watch this just because of how awful it is. And watch it dubbed, because a bad dub doesn't make an anime bad but it truly helps.

Also saw the folks from Mystery Anime Theater 3000 (doing their first panel in 10 years!) do Origin: Spirits of the Past. And, yes, that was terrible too. But there is a certain segment of the population that likes it, a mystery to me. It has a volcano on wheels! When something is too absurd for anime, well, yeah.

Frieza is my third favourite (not that it's bad, it's just the other two are that good). Cell pips it to the top thanks to the combo of Hercule, and Gohan finally manning up and becoming "the" guy (even if just for one or two arcs), second is the Babidi/Majin Buu saga (loads of cool different enemies, and the combined adorable/badass Buu make for great watching).

Gawd I love The Perfect Cell Saga of DBZ. The Cell Games are just a ridiculously fun arc.

I feel like I have to show this to everyone that mentions the tail end of the Cell saga.

Took so much longer in the actual show but this cut of it just feels right.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, the best part of Dragon Ball Z is when Buu's dog gets shot, because right then and there, you fucking know that all hell is about to break loose. It's the only moment of the series where I read it and literally said "Oh, shit." Mr Satan's face doesn't do the reaction justice.