The Anime Thread

Ruki

Remember the Titans ep. 23

Oh Annie...

Shit's gotten mega real.

Also, critically speaking this is how you do an episode. Built up everything well and it all come to a head at the end. Still doesn't make up for the awful pacing in half the episodes but this is how they looked during the first 6 episodes of the show definitely.

That was just a great episode.

Gin no Saji ep. 10

PORK BOWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

:crying:

Someone hug me.

I know it's a week late, but I just got caught up. :({):

Having put my cat to sleep last year, the final moments with Pork Bowl struck a little close to home, cause I know too well the emotions he was going through. I didn't eat my cat though :shifty:

So, Fate/Kaleid Liner PRISMA Ilya is finished after ten episodes.

Ilya and her friend go through five Servants, not including Lancer or Archer. From my memory, I believe it went Rider, Caster, Assassin, Saber, and finally Berserker, all of which were there Fate/Stay Night rendition. The fight between Ilya and Saber was beyond awesome, though.

Decent series, room for a follow up, but with Fate/Heaven's Feel on the horizon now, it will be a while.

Dangen Ronpa:

WELCOME TO THE END GAME. That trial could have had an alternate ending. Here it is from the game:

Little fucked up.

Just four more shows to get caught up on, then reviewing what's coming for fall.

I don't think Manglobe did Bebop. It's not a Watanabe anime in any case, but it's been recommended to me before.

I'll add it to the backlog.

(Really most things Manglobe has done are worth watching)

Some quick research confirmed this. They did do Champloo though, and also do The World God Only Knows, Deadman Wonderland (which I thought was pretty good, despite how fucked up it can get), and they'll be doing a show I'll be watching this fall, Samurai Flamenco.

It will probably be shit. Sorry folks, but I don't have much faith in Hollywood these days. Hell, I don't have faith in Japan's movie studios to do stuff properly.

Next week is the last episode. It'll end on a cliffhanger of course. Then I guess we get a second series in a year or so? Tough to say how far ahead they want to let the manga get, but I'm just picking that up as soon as the show ends anyway instead of waiting around for another series.

The totally obvious instant classic of the season. By the same team who made Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

I AM WATCHING THE FUCK OUT OF KILL LA KILL

So, anime to watch this fall:

1. Kill La kill

2. Yuusha ni Narenakatta

3. Coppelion (give it one or two episodes)

4. Yozakura Quartet

Was gonna give Log Horizon a chance, but apparently it is gonna be done by the same people who did Queen's Blade.

Note to self....find out if these animes have released yet. That and Beyond The Boundary.

The totally obvious instant classic of the season. By the same team who made Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

1. Kill La kill

2. Yuusha ni Narenakatta

4. Yozakura Quartet

Was gonna give Log Horizon a chance, but apparently it is gonna be done by the same people who did Queen's Blade.

Note to self....find out if these animes have released yet. That and Beyond The Boundary.

Coppelion starts on Oct. 2, Beyond the Boundary also on Oct. 2Kill la Kill starts on Oct. 3, Yuusha ni Narenakatta on Oct. 5, and Yozakura on Oct. 6.

In honor of Beyond the Boundary...

149za6h.jpg

1. Kill La kill

2. Yuusha ni Narenakatta

4. Yozakura Quartet

Coppelion starts on Oct. 2, Beyond the Boundary also on Oct. 2Kill la Kill starts on Oct. 3, Yuusha ni Narenakatta on Oct. 5, and Yozakura on Oct. 6.

In honor of Beyond the Boundary...

149za6h.jpg

Thanks for that, Damshow!

....gonna be a busy next week.

Eotens ep. 25 END

Well it was what it had to be, a weak ending. Nothing is really tied up but and we'll have to wait a year or two for another series, unless we read the manga. Isamaya said he's going to 20 volumes with the manga, so another 3-4 years at least of writing it presumably.

At least at the end after the credits we got a wallhanger. It was foreshadowed with the "What we can tell you so far" but still, cool finish. Apparently in the manga Mikasa looked right at the titan as it peaked out from the wall, which would have been something that should have been in the anime. But oh well. Plus I'm wondering if the basement leads to the apparent superstructure under the city.

Time to read the manga! 47 chapters, should be able to breeze through it.