The Anime Thread

Ruki

Edit: I watched the first 10 minutes of Yuusha and stopped. The idea behind the show is fun, and it seems like it could be funny...but the fanservice is way too much. In those 10 minutes there were about 3-4 panty shots, 5-6 shots of boobs jiggling just for the sake of it.

brb downloading yuusha

watching the first episode of Beyond The Boundary right now....

"Don't die! You're too cute to die!"

I wonder if that has ever worked before :shifty:

Edit: This show is definitely a keeper. So good!

Hey, so a while ago I lost internet and was limited just to using it on a phone with not enough data to keep up with anime. Then I had to go work on a farm for three months for visa regulations. Well now I'm home and I have my internet sorted and that means I can watch anime again.

So I'm going to start by catching up with Attack on Titan, as I was championing it when it came out and only got to see a couple of episodes before the aforementioned happened. In the meantime, what is good to watch that is currently airing and what do I just have to go back and watch - preferably only the top of the top (if there has been anything) as I have enough of a backlog as it is.

I like Gurren Lagann, Code Geass, Death Note etc. for those who can't recall. Thanks fellas. Good to be back.

Start watching Kill La Kill and Beyond The Boundary. Both only have one episode out, both are fantastic.

Also, check out Dangan Ropan. Such a good series! One of the best of the year, I think. And only 13ish episodes.

Beyond the Boundary ep. 2

The action scenes are so well animated. Thank god KyoAni is doing an action show after all these years. The episode slowed down after an exciting start but they needed to introduce all the characters and they all seem likeable, which is a rarity. It was fun action and then fun slice of life all rolled into one episode.

Coppelion ep. 2 kind of dragged, I'm not going to give up on it yet (and it's only 13 episodes) but I need something exciting to really grab my interest.

And welcome back IAceI, you should definitely check out Kill la Kill to get an action fix. There were some good shows that aired over the past few months, nothing really that's going to be an all-time classic, but certainly shows worth checking out if you have the time. Gin no Saji was a good slice of life, Uchouten Kazoku was a good, light-hearted very Japanese slice of life (it centers on tanuki), and Hataraku Maou-Sama! is a funny comedy with some real standout episodes.

Beyond The Boundary ep 2 is out? I know what I'm doing this afternoon.

Edit: I watched it, I thought it was great. Such a well animated show!

Edit 2: Oh Kill La Kill, you are so fucking mental and I love every single moment of it. It goes beyond just 'going over the top.' Trigger needs to do a million more shows.

So anyway Kill la Kill has established itself as Hokuto no Ken with girls meets Gurren Lagann levels of epic pacing.

Ep. 3 was the best ep so far.

That's a fascinating way to describe it. I need to get caught up :shifty:

So anyway Kill la Kill has established itself as Hokuto no Ken with girls meets Gurren Lagann levels of epic pacing.

Ep. 3 was the best ep so far.

Agreed.

I love the relationship between Ryoko and Mako. Just perfect.

This very well might be the best anime of the year. Possibly the past few years :o

You people say that every season <_< . Have you forgotten Steins;Gate and Attack on Titan?

Steins;Gate was two years ago, no?

And this is much better than Attack on Titan. I enjoy AoT, but it isn't the second coming like many people make it out to be.

Possibly the past few years :o

The past few years > two years, which includes Steins;Gate!

KLK is a fun shonen, sure, but what's it doing that's really groundbreaking? I don't think it's that great, in fact, I think they're trying way too hard with everything they're jamming into it. Is it the best of the season, yes, by far, but to say it's the best of the past few years, considering the shows that have come out in the past few years, to use your words, is a major overstatement. This show is not FMA Brotherhood, Attack on Titan, Steins;Gate, Mirai Nikki, Bakuman, etc etc, especially after three fucking episodes. Let it run it's course, then we'll compare it to the rest.