The Anime Thread

Ruki

So, I was watching the AMV Hell series today (0-3), and I stumbled across this anime which seemed interesting. I was wondering if any of you bright minds would have an idea as to which anime to belonged to.

I tried to take a picture of it, but when I hit "Print screen", and saved it in Paint, the anime image, and nothing else, went to black. So I will try to describe it to you. There is a girl, with purple hair, and a halo who has a spiked baseball bat. In the video I seen (AMV Hell 0, at around 5:30) this boy walks into the room she is changing in, she gets pissed and takes his head off with the bat, and shortly after revives him.

A horrible discription, I know....but I'd have posted a pic if the image didn't fuck up. I'm trying to broaden my anime viewing experience, and I might want to add this anime to the list, as it seems interesting.

Edited by The Mask of Norro
  • Like 1

No, it isn't. FLCL's weapon of choice is the electric guitar.

I know what it is, but I've forgotton its name. :( I personally didn't like it. It got old really fast and had a degree of ecchi to it which was just offputting.

Edit: Bokusatsu tenshi Dokuro-chan

6.jpg

?

Edited by stokeriño

Yup yup, Bokusatsu tenshi Dokuro-chan AKA Club-To-Death-Angel Dokuro-Chan. Fairly amusing if watched single episode at a time, otherwise the running gags become way too repetitive for their own good.

Although "I'll become gay for you! HARD GAY!" is all kinds of lulz and win.

Damn fucking straight it is.

We are days, people, DAYS away from the feature-length series finale.

The only thing that could possibly top this level of excitement is if a new Full Metal Panic series were to be announced tomorrow. Because there'd better be another one, so HURRY THE DAMN WELL UP.

The only thing that could possibly top this level of excitement is if a new Full Metal Panic series were to be announced tomorrow. Because there'd better be another one, so HURRY THE DAMN WELL UP.

But you know the sad news about the series finale is that it's been licensed... SHINSEN STOPPED SUBBING. TRAVESTY OF THE CENTURY!

Also, I heard they're planning a sequel series to it. Which should be all kinds of epic amirite?

But you know the sad news about the series finale is that it's been licensed... SHINSEN STOPPED SUBBING. TRAVESTY OF THE CENTURY!

Also, I heard they're planning a sequel series to it. Which should be all kinds of epic amirite?

Who the fuck gets Shinsen subs anyway? They're always about a month slower than everyone else.

The less, uh, 'law-abiding' subbers will be putting it out, so no problems there. :shifty:

And the seqeul may or may not be a proper sequel. It may just be the same story written from an alternative viewpoint with Suzuku (*spits*) as the main character, as in the mangas. It's called 'Code Geass: Suzuku of the Counterattack'.

I know. I'd want to shoot them as well.

Thank you Stok, you are my hero. You get an extra 20 points for figuring it out with my horrible discription. I shall put that on the list of anime to 'obtain.'

Above it? Deathnote, Hyper Police, Azumanga Daioh and possibly Chobits.

Edited by Ruki
  • Like 1

I shall trust your wisdom.

Also, I read the first 2-3 manga of Hyper Police....is the anime any good?

And feel free to give suggestions of anime, with a short discription of course.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

It's been 7 (?) years since Japan was conquered by the Brittanian Empire and renamed 'Area 11'. Lelouch, a Brittanian student living in Japan, is essentially a bored rich kid who spends his free time trouncing nobles at chess. He hates the Brittanian Empire after his mother was killed and his sister left blind/disabled. After getting caught up in a terrorist incident, he meets a girl named CC who offers him the power to fulfill his dreams - revenge on Brittannia! He obtains Geass: the power to give anyone a direct order which they will obey without question. With more than a slight meglomaniacal streak, his path to Evil/insanity (see picture in sig) begins...

I also want to reccommend 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya' (natch) and 'NANA', but I can't be bothered to right a synopsis for either of them right now so, uh, yeah. Just watch them anyway. :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

I have money and I still can't be arsed to go buy anime from the shops. I know I've been told I shouldn't, but I actually don't mind buying the full priced stuff because I quite like the idea of having a neat DVD collection of all my anime, I just need to buy it.

I think I was going to buy Trigun. Once I sort some complications I will get into town and I will buy it. Promise >_<

I get Shinsen Subs because unlike others their subs are good translations. But, yes, the less law-abiding ones will do it.

And if they tell the story through Suzaku's perspective I will boycott Bandai forever. And will riot!@

EDIT - And some recommendations? There's so many I want to give, knowing what you've seen would be a great benefit.

Edited by damshow

I'm actually trying to remember the name of an anime.

basically all i can remember is its this chick with pink hair, and she breaks out of this experiment place and uses cool mind powers to kill people

very gory.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it, is called Elfen Lied :shifty:

Edited by regia