The Anime Thread

Ruki

After seeing the first episodes of most of these, my lists look something like this:

Continue (Fuck Yeah!):

Haiyoru! Nyaruko-san!

Nazo no Kanojo X (but seriously, the fuck?)

Sankarea

Tasogare Otome X Amnesia

May Continue:

Accel World

Medaka Box

Uchuu Kyoudai

Oh God No:

Acchi Kocchi

Shirokuma Cafe

Edited by StevenRichardsRules

Finished up Nichijou, and while all of it was great, the last episode was kind of a typical "We're rapping things up" type show. I'd say its on par with Azumanga Daioh as far as school girl antics go. There's some really great stuff in it.

Some fourteen years after it first came out I have finally watched all 26 episodes of Cowboy Bebop, and can see why it is such a staple of anime diet. Especially the way the whole thing is constructed and definitely the extra 'edge' they give it, even in 1998, it's good to see - one of those 'see, it's not for kids' animes which we all obviously know and love. I have to say, I'm a little sad that Ed and Ein wandered off and the whole Bebop seemed to fall apart a bit towards the end. But that's also why I loved it, because a good anime is often one that doesn't end in the most conventional manner of 'good defeats evil' and all that, yadda yadda. So yes, I'm glad I made sure I got it all watched.

Next week I'll be reviewing the Sixth Sense, and how Bruce Willis is a ghost all along? That and other current events. :shifty:

With that watched it now frees me up to watch some more current shows, as that's really what I need to do as I've managed to fall behind already, before I've even started watching some in some instances! At a quick count I think I'll be watching approximately five shows or so this season, but I still need to finish off a couple of older ones too - particularly Mirai Nikki where I still haven't watched the penultimate episode, so I'll get that watched tonight.

I'm adding Haiyore! Nyaruko-san to the list of stuff to watch as well.

From TV Tropes:

Mahiro Yasaka is an Ordinary High School Student who happens to be a fan of the Cthulhu Mythos. One day he was attacked by a creature he identifies as a nightgaunt, only to be saved by a White-Haired Pretty Girl... who introduces herself as none other than the Crawling Chaos, Nyarlathotep.

This strange girl — "Nyarko" as she prefers to be called — is in reality an agent of the Planetary Defense Organization, specifically tasked to stop a smuggling ring revolving around a precious cosmic commodity... Earth's entertainment, specifically manga (and especially hentai). But she's not only out to perform her task. She also takes it to herself to protect Mahiro.

Only one episode is up, but it's pretty entertaining.

Fate/Zero 15:

Thus, Caster falls. Another good episode. I about creamed my pants when

started up. It was like "Oh shit, something's about to get ECALIBURRRRRRRRRR!ed".

Kariya also gets set aflame, compliments of Tokiomi. Really, considering how awesome Rin is, Tokiomi's kind of a disappointment.

With the Caster arc finished, shit should be ready to go down, with five servants remaining now (Remember, Assassin was killed during the first half by Rider).

Trying to decide what my next show to watch will be; I mean shows that have already run their course. I'm still waiting for Accel World to be posted, as well as Panda Cafe. I'm thinking of maybe watching Guilty Crown.

Fate/Zero

It was an ok episode...didn't think it was great or anything, not sure why. But woo Excalibur! Good thing it wasn't Excalipor (I wonder if Gilgy has that).

So...5 remain? Gilgamesh, Rider, Lancer, Beserker, and Saber?

My guess, Berserker is the next to fall, followed by Lancer, and then an epic three way! :D

And really....Kayria should NOT have survived that fall :/

Fate/Zero

And really....Kayria should NOT have survived that fall :/

A wizard did it :shifty:

Accel World, Episode 2:

Decent second episode, picking up right where the previous one took place. Should be interesting to see where it goes from here.

I think Accel World came with an unaired little pilot, but not specifically a first episode as such.

Got Fate/Zero watched, not sure what's going on with Berserker but he seems to be going a bit mental. I thought all the characters were well built up to seem winnable - Caster excluded obviously - that whoever goes next will seem a bit of a shock, although they do seem to be setting up Berserker to be the next one to fall. But having never watched Fate/Stay night I'm not totally sure on how it will all plan out and who survives.

Accel World episode 2 was quite good, starting to explain bits and pieces. There's almost a pokemon feel to it with its types and their varying weaknesses and the like, really quite interesting. The protagonist reminds me a of a dumpier Simon from Gurren Lagann as well, and the fact he's a bit useless but will no doubt find his own strength inside of himself will only serve to make that link stronger.

Also I watched the first episode of Kids on the Slope, it's awesome. Watanabe and Kanno reunite for the first time since Cowboy Bebop to bring us a story about Kauro, a weedy classically trained pianist and the strong and intimidating Sentaro who loves jazz drumming. The first episode has me hooked and I'm really looking forward to watching the rest. Well worth a watch, even if jazz isn't particularly your thing, it's still a great watch.