The Anime Thread

Ruki

Fate/Zero (not spoilered but response to Ruki, so spoilered anyways)

No way will Rider win surely? Archer hasn't even got his beautiful golden hands dirty yet. I bet he could beat all except Saber with a sideways glance. It'll come to an epic battle between them two at the end, nailed on! (I wish I'd seen fate/stay night so I at least had somne inkling and wasn't guessing..) I also reckon Kiritsugu will killed Waver Velvet in some quite gruesome way, just to really cement himself as a top notch evil doer teamed with the righteous Saber..

Accel World Episode Three

Like any genre of this sort where it uses a fictional world, it can be quite difficult to keep up with what is going on all of the time. For the most part I've managed to keep up. Certain people in the Accel World can 'Brain Burst' a program that slows everything down but you must also battle other Brain Bursters to keep the program, as once it's gone, it's gone. We get a bit of a backstory into 'Black Lotus'' past and why she is so conservative and for the most part my train of thought for this episode was 'following, following, following, heh - back door, baffled'. So, Chiyu seemed to refer to the popular girl by her - or a similar - Brain Burst name. And what the fuck is a back door?

Moretsu Pirates Episode 16

Adorable pirating ahoy!

Space Brothers Episode Two

Mutta gets through the first astronaut exam and returns for the second where only three people will get through to become astronauts. And amazingly he befriends a person called Kenji and becomes besotted with a girl. I wonder if it will be them three? :shifty:

I will not have a bad word said about Space Brothers!

Seriously though, the first episode got me really interested. I would have said it was maybe the best first episode of the anime I'd seen. The second and third haven't been quite as interesting. The fuck's up with that dog? I guess I'll find out next week.

The theme for Dusk Maiden of Amnesia totally should have been Another opening theme. It's so weird and slightly creepy. Hell, the whole show is kinda mood whiplash.

And then there's Mysterious Girlfriend X. It's sheer what-the-fuckery.

Also, damn you Ruki, I already made the backdoor joke! :angry:

I'm enjoying Space Brothers, I just found it funny how after realising only three people will get through the interviews, he met two people, and they ALL fiddled with the chair. :shifty:

I'm only on episode two so far, had it on the back burner a bit for other things but it is enjoyable. I quite like the 'don't give up and always try' message it peddles.

Ruki, didn't you watch Fate/Stay Night? :shifty:

I did, but I don't remember most of it.

Archer/Gilgamesh is the bad guy, so he won't win. Berserker has no chance of winning because, you know, crazy. That leaves Saber and Rider. Saber won in Fate/Stay, PLUS she's having issues with her Master right now. I see that screwing her over and giving Rider the perfect chance to win.

And shut up SRR, or I'll show you the meaning of a back door :angry:

4/23 11:55 AM SRR challenged Ruki!

4/23 11:58 AM I started a response, though I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

....Hug it out? :shifty:

4/23 12:00 PM I suggested they hug it out. Not sure if they will, though.

:shifty:

Been watching "Hajime no Ippo"; (very) long story short, a kid that's constantly bullied in school gets saved one day by a boxer. He then joins that boxers gym, transforms into a badass featherweight (in the ring only :shifty:) and begins to climb through the ranks. I'm on episode 57 of 75, and apparently there's another season on top of this. I guess this could be considered training for something like Dragon Ball Z, though in respects to that I'm thinking of going (mostly) with Dragon Ball Z Kai, simply because it compacts the series down. This doesn't help me if I want to be truly faithful to the manga and watch Dragon Ball, then Kai, then everything after the Cell saga. As it stands, Dragon Ball might just be something to read versus something to watch, time wise.

Since I can get through Hajime no Ippo, I think I'm going to go with Trigun next. What's nice is by Sunday I'll have totally wrapped up this semester, so I'll have about two weeks off :D . During that time I at least want to get Trigun knocked out, and maybe FMA Brotherhood or Guilty Crown. Then...I don't know. I think I'll do Trigun and GC first.

If you're going to watch Guilty Crown then I definitely suggest doing it during some time off, my biggest problem was trying to keep up with the storyline every week - I think if I had watched all the episodes back-to-back then I would have enjoyed it a bit more. It's quite an interesting premise though, so worth a watch at least.

I've been working my way steadily through Gundam 00 Series 2. All the programs I'm watching this term seem to air on the same day so I get them all watched and then end up with spare time through the week to watch other things, which suits me just fine. Still been meaning to watch Code Geass R2 as well just to re-familiarise myself with it as it has been years since I originally watched it.

May check out Hajime no Ippo as it sounds like something I might enjoy, just a bit lengthy to get into but worth a go. I must also thank you for convincing me on My Anime List - it's helped me to no end so far in keeping track of what I'm watching and trying to find what anime I should watch next.