The Anime Thread

Ruki

Fate/Zero 17:

Quite a few allusions to Fate/Stay Night in this one. Very little action wise but a lot of development. Tokiomi tries to make a deal with Saber's camp, only on the condition that Kirei withdraw. Saber gets a motorcycle, which seems to suit her as well.

And DUNDUNDUN, Kirei betrays Tokiomi and makes Gilgamesh his servant. Though

If you watched/played Fate/Stay Night, you'd know this already :shifty:

That bit with Rin in the episode is lifted directly out of the game's introduction, by the way, including the pat on the head. With Tokiomi gone and the new contract between Archer and Kirei, it's now down to just four. Shit will be hitting the fan in the next episodes.

Accel World Episode 4:

WHAT THE FUCK?! :crying:

I did not see that coming at all...

But at least she's still alive. Just talk about your WTF moment. Too bad we have to wait a week.

AND WHAT A CLIFFHANGER!

Accel World Episode 4:

WHAT THE FUCK?! :crying:

I did not see that coming at all...

But at least she's still alive. Just talk about your WTF moment. Too bad we have to wait a week.

AND WHAT A CLIFFHANGER!

Such a good episode! And kinda shocked that they almost killed Black Snow or whatever her name is >_< That was intense.

And Taku/Cyan Pile is a jerk! Taking advantage of a cripple! And yeah, I agree, that is one hell of a cliffhanger. That seemed more suited for a second-last episode kinda deal.

Sakimichi no Apollon / Kids on the Slope

Episode 3

Ooh we have a love triangle that became a love square of sorts. I think. Nobody is really sure who likes who and whether or not it is reciprocated but that's how it is. There's fallings out, making up, music and even a lovely packed lunch on offer in the latest episode, how delightful. Kauro is such a bossy boots too. He should ease up a little bit.

Fate/Zero

Series 2 Episode 4

The inevitable finally happened and Kotomine Kirei stole Archer/Giglamesh from Tohsaka Tokiomi for himself. What a nasty man. And Tokiomi was being so nice to him too, between that and Kirei's real feelings for his father he has just propelled himself into the ultimate antagonist of the show. There was very little Kiritsugu today and no Rider or Waver Velvet, so obviously it was never going to be the best episode. Everyone loves Fate/Zero, of course, but the drawback would definitely be the amount of necessary dialogue that is needed at times to expand on the story. Archer is an evil bastard though, so he and Kirei will get on beautifully I'm sure.

Accel World

Episode 4

A precursor to what you assume is going to be a better episode next week. Shocked that they nearly killed off Snow Black/Black Lotus/whatever she's called these days and now Haru really has to step up and protect her. Bit iffy that she declared her love for him, I mean, look at him! And it seems Taku is going to be the bad guy? Looking like he found out about the situation through an unwitting Chiyu and has come to finish off the job? Is he going to be the real bad guy? Hmm.. I'm not sure. Next week will have some fighting and the like, and that will be swell. I look forward to it. Oh and that was some really horrible AI driving in the episode too.

I also have nearly finished the second series of Gundam 00. Wahey, may do Zeta next. Gundams shot down other Gundams in this episode and there was a lot of maniacal laughter that I can only imagine was hilarious to be at the sound recordings for. Oh and there's a lot of dejectedly saying the name of a pilot and nothing else as per usual the way of Gundam.

Will try and get Gundam AGE and Moretsu Pirates watched tonight if I have the time. May also try and download a series of some description to watch over next week as I have the time off work. I could do with re-watching Code Geass R2, and I may watch Gundam Zeta, and maybe Death Note/Trigun or another required viewing of an anime that I have shockingly not managed to do yet.

Haiyore! Nyaruko-San, episode 4:

So his mom hunts those monstrosities down, there's some kind of what I assume is an agent after them, and the typical love(craftian)sick antics continue, though less from Cthuga.

And in the end: HASTUR HASTUR HASTUR!

Only it's the token-loli version that's apparently a guy.

For as light hearted as it was, it certainly does leave an interest in the next episode. Also, I think this might be done by the same studio that did Lucky Star. There's something familiar about it.

Gundam AGE have done a second time skip within 30 episodes. We're now into the third generation. How many times do they plan on doing the whole 'kid struggles at first, starts to fight, loses someone he likes, overcomes enemy' storyline? I think about 5 at this rate. If it didn't have Gundam in the title I wouldn't watch it, but it does so I will. Such is my logical thinking.

Last day at work for over a week today and still no idea what I want to watch, I think Death Note is definitely order of the day though. Despite the fact I've read so much about it I'm pretty much sure I know the storyline anyways but there ya go - it's required viewing for an anime fan I suppose.

Tutturru!

What's it about? And what is the opening song?

Accel World!

Oh come on, what a horrible way to end the episode. Just tell us her name already!

:angry:

And the former friends turned enemies are now friends and allys again! And the war is on! :D

So....did he level up? Is that why he got the wings? :shifty:

Fate/Zero (really, I'm the first to talk about it/)

ZOMBIES!

....and a back story, I guess.

Dead Apostles, actually. Shout out to Tsukihime (another Visual Novel/Anime by Type Moon; takes place in the same 'universe').

It was uh...I don't know. I suppose this is important story wise as it show...actually, that episode is pretty brilliant.

Don't click if you haven't seen Fate/Stay Night, or don't remember it:

Kiritsugu is basically just a cool, quiet smoking badass, right? But in Fate/Stay Night, he tells Shirou "You can't save everyone." Remember, Shirou wanted to be a hero because he couldn't do anything in the fire. Kiritsugu couldn't do anything about the Dead Apostles.

This also explains why Kirei seems somewhat interested in Kiritsugu. The Emiya family created Dead Apostles, and since the Holy Church really hates Dead Apostles...yeah. :shifty:

I'm trying to watch Jormungand, I'll get caught up on it this week. I finished up the second season of Hajime no Ippo, and it was mercifully only 26 episodes. However, I'm now reading the manga. The thing is still on going, but it's got 99 Volumes, of which I'm up to 52 (Like hell I'm reading through the stuff covered in the shows) and 959 chapters, and it's not finished yet! :mellow: It's fucking twice as long as Dragon Ball!

So, I got another anime for you guys to watch: "The Daily Lives of High School Boys" or Danshi Kōkōsei no Nichijō. Think Nichijou or Minami-ke type antics, only with boys instead of girls. Only twelve episodes, so it's not too long, and it's already aired.

The opening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvyAM1bcn_c

It's about an orphan whose parents were killed during some sort of conflict (which makes him despise weapons and those who sell them) who joins a group of mercenaries led by a crazed arms dealer. It's been pretty awesome thus far. I'm one the latest episode now and it's definitely worth the watch. Something about it reminds me of Ghost in the Shell, though I can't quite put my finger on what.

Edit: Episode 4 :crying:

As for Accel World, I had no idea. I assumed he did but I don't think that was ever explicitly stated. Either that or it's something he can do when he's got his ass kicked. Or maybe it's a "killer move"? I haven't the slightest idea.

Edited by StevenRichardsRules