The Anime Thread

Ruki

That is a pretty fantastic opening track. I considered watching it but it seemed too similar to half the stuff I was watching/have watched anyway so opted to let it go. Maybe come back to it after it's wrapped up and get it watched though.

Fate/Zero

So do the Dead Apostle's make an appearance in Fate/Stay night as well then? I suppose it at least fleshes out Kiritsugu's backstory a bit and you see why he is pretty much emotionally dead inside. That said I have sorely missed Rider in these past few episodes.

Oh and I've gone and read the light novel, so I know how it ends. :shifty:

Also watched Sakamichi no Apollon/Kids on the Slope - they said 'coon' in it :o

And Space Brothers, which just makes me want to go and try and be better at life. It's such a feel good story, well worth a watch.

Fate/Zero

So do the Dead Apostle's make an appearance in Fate/Stay night as well then? I suppose it at least fleshes out Kiritsugu's backstory a bit and you see why he is pretty much emotionally dead inside. That said I have sorely missed Rider in these past few episodes.

Oh and I've gone and read the light novel, so I know how it ends. :shifty:

Not exactly.

The Dead Apostles are prominent in Tsukihime (Another VN/Anime by the same company). While there's a little bit of magic in it, I don't really remember much about the Mage's Association, although the Holy Church does play a role in it. It, alongside Fate, pretty much show that you don't want to fuck with the priests of the Holy Church.

If you really want to learn more about Fate, though, you have to play the games, which will take some time, but thankfully there are walk throughs to deal with the BAD ENDs. The main thing you'd want to do this for is to see the third route, Fate/Heaven's Feel, which focuses primarily on Sakura, as well as having a fair bit of information on the Grail (which was briefly alluded to by Kirei when he talked with Archer a couple episodes ago).

The fucked up thing is that with Fate/Zero, it seems like they're making references to all three routes.

Hope you liked the light novel, though. A lot of it was great, in spite of knowing how the damn thing ended (Saber vs Archer, followed by a big ass fire).

Haiyore! Nyaruko-San, episode 5:

-- A flying Delorean?!

-- And it is confirmed, Hasuta (aka Hastur) is a male, whic really makes this romance kind of uh, weird. Thankfully, Nyaruko is the main romantic interest.

-- I do wonder just who the crazy kidnapper woman is, able to sway both Mahiro's mom and Cthuga to her side just by whispering.

-- Also...Mahiro. My hero? :shifty:

Basically, another fun episode.

Accel World!

A decent episode, nothing mind blowing. But it's setting up for something new....and woo for Haru leveling up (finally). And this Bouncer girl...how is Princess gonna react?

:o

Accel World, Episode 6:

Good to see that Snow Black is okay. I'm convinced Taku is a tweener right now, though at the moment of truth I have no clue who he'll side with.

Fate/Zero, Episode 19:

The Young Emiya Kiritsugu Adventures continues. This time we see why he's such a seemingly heartless bastard. I love the bullets though, able to completely fuck up a person's magic circuits (As Kayneth found out much earlier). Looks like next week the end-game beings. It's been a fun ride, and the end will be even more fun.

I enjoyed this episode of Fate/Zero!

Woo flashbacks! And more zombies!

So, when he shot Kayneth....how many bullets did he have left?

I think the novel said he had something in the 30's left.

Fate/Zero Episode 19/whatever it is

Hahaha when he blows up Natalia. What a beast. And we get some serious crazy eyes. We'll be into the big finale fight soon with Archer/Saber/Rider/Berserker all left. Oof, think of the fights.

As soon as Fate/Zero is over I think I better watch Fate/Stay night to get me up to speed with everything. Not had much time to watch stuff lateley, Sakamichi no Apollon/Kids on the Slope was awesome as ever. Still need to watch Accel World I think - will do that today.

Accel World Episode 6

Caught up now. Bit of a nothing episode until the last few minutes with the Bouncer crack. Either way I imagine Snow Black/Lotus/whatever will get jealous. Have to say, I did laugh when Haru got hit with a book though. Think Taku will be a tweener as said and then side with the good, since he's on most of the opening sequence I assume they will all form a little team of goody two shoes yadda yadda as they embark on destroying each colour king yadda yadda

Been watching 07-Ghost, not a bad series thus far. But lots of yaoi bait :/

The fact that this makes you uncomfortable makes me incredibly happy.

Not uncomfortable, just annoying. Just like the fan service in Highschool of the Dead.

And did you just go through the entire thread or something? :shifty:

Not uncomfortable, just annoying. Just like the fan service in Highschool of the Dead.

whatsyaoi.png

Nope. Just started wherever I landed when clicking the thread, you big homophobe.

Fate/Zero Episode 20:

We're back to the main story now, as the end-game finally begins to take shape. Kiritsugu discovers Tokiomi's dead, while Waver and Rider talk about stuff. Zouken shows what a bastard he is by feeding Kariya the first penis worm to feed on Sakura (Hey, I told you guys to play the Fate visual novel :shifty:). Maiya meets her maker via Rider, and Iri's kidnapped. Shit's about to go down.

Accel World Episode 7:

Good stuff. Haru thinks he's almost screwed, but his partner shows that has a good heart in the end. Meanwhile, Snow Black and Taku work some things out, and we get a very slice of lifey style ending, at least for now.

Continuing to read the Hajime no Ippo manga, I'm up to Volume 80 out of 99. I wonder how many seasons this series would really take if they did the whole thing. Well, not seasons, but episodes. Damn it's long, but at least the fights in the manga go by a lot quicker than on the anime, which would average about three episodes for a single match.

Poor Ruki! Poor, poor Ruki! :D

Just starting F/Z now, will edit it in thoughts...

Fate/Zero Episode 20

Iri is dying - oh no! I guess that's because she isn't really real.

And end game, this is ominous for a fringe character you'd imagine. Y'know where it will set the mood.

Kiritsugu is off to kill Tokiomi, there's something he doesn't actually no.

That was good with Waver and Rider, they got to the point quickly. Took about 25 pages in the bloody novel.

Kariya has family problems if you ask me. That's not a healthy father/son relationship.

Maiya is such a tortured soul isn't she? Woe is her. Probably the most she's spoke all series.

Oh she's dying. FRINGE CHARACTER DEATH! FRINGE CHARACTER DEATH FOR STORYLINE ADVANCEMENT! We even get a 'dying in your arms speech' how lucky are we?

Saber off to return Irisviel, she swears by it. ... Clever girl.

Kiritsugu is crying! CRYING!? I don't believe so!!

Maiya's task is finished, just as well as she's dead.

End of episode. ... WHY THE HELL WAS HE CRYING!?

Edited by IAceI

Accel World

I thought Bouncer was gonna be mega-bitch there for a second! But, then I thought...'wait, how would she get a reputation of helping people if she just steals all their points?' But it was a good episode! Taku will hopefully be less emo, and Haru REALLY needs to change his "My opinion on someone will never change!" thing :/

Poor Ruki! Poor, poor Ruki! :D

Just starting F/Z now, will edit it in thoughts...

Fate/Zero Episode 20

Iri is dying - oh no! I guess that's because she isn't really real.

And end game, this is ominous for a fringe character you'd imagine. Y'know where it will set the mood.

Kiritsugu is off to kill Tokiomi, there's something he doesn't actually no.

That was good with Waver and Rider, they got to the point quickly. Took about 25 pages in the bloody novel.

Kariya has family problems if you ask me. That's not a healthy father/son relationship.

Maiya is such a tortured soul isn't she? Woe is her. Probably the most she's spoke all series.

Oh she's dying. FRINGE CHARACTER DEATH! FRINGE CHARACTER DEATH FOR STORYLINE ADVANCEMENT! We even get a 'dying in your arms speech' how lucky are we?

Saber off to return Irisviel, she swears by it. ... Clever girl.

Kiritsugu is crying! CRYING!? I don't believe so!!

Maiya's task is finished, just as well as she's dead.

End of episode. ... WHY THE HELL WAS HE CRYING!?

Poor Ruki indeed :pervert:

Missed the part about Zouken being Kariya's father; I knew they were related in some kind of lineal fashion, but according to the mythology of Fate, Zouken was one of the founders of the Grail War and fought in the first one (So, if this takes place say between 1993 and 2000, since they explicitly show Bill Clinton, and the war takes place every fifty years, that would make Zouken probably over two hundred years old. He started late, huh...and EWWW THE CONCEPTION :puke::puke: :puke:

If they did anything right with Fate/Zero (well, they did a lot right), it was showing how horrible Sakura's been treated. They barely allude to it in Fate/Stay Night, but in her route in the game...you kinda realize just how bad it was. Long story short:

She gets the deal with the worms a lot, and then her 'brother', Shinji (Kariya's nephew and fucking bastard from Fate/Stay Night, 'master' of Rider) pretty much rapes her whenever he feels like it. Those cute mornings of Sakura waking Shirou up and going "Senpai?" ? Yeah, that was the highlight of her day. The one cool thing about her route is she goes fucking apeshit.