Sign in to follow this  
Ruki

The Anime Thread

HOTD

"Have you ever used a gun?"

"Well, I've seen some cop shows...."

....Rei is stupid. "WE HAVE A GUN! WE HAVE TEN BULLETS! LET'S THROW AWAY OUR OTHER WEAPONS"

Did he seriously not pick up his baseball bat after shooting the guy? Moron!

HOTD 5

I laughed when the high school punks got water blasted off the bridge.

After komuro gives Hirano the gun, Hirano: Where are the extra bullets?

Mr. Shido just gets creepier

Also anyone still watch Detective Conan? 

Finally got my hands on the Highlander anime movie and watched the first 8 minutes or so. Too bad they didn't/couldn't use "Princes of the Universe", but I guess it probably wouldn't really fit the movie anyway. Plan on watching the rest of it later tonight.

Also managed to get a copy of Otaku No Video.

Although good episode....not much to say in specific. Lots of over the top violence, lots of fan service, lots of good anime.

Just finished watching ToraDora, apart from the quite formulaic outline of the plot, it's a damn good anime that does the High School RomCom (I'm sure theres a shorter term >_>) gerne proud.

I love Toradora!. Was just going to get back to watching it again. Remind me, is it out in dub form yet or still subs only? I seem to remember watching a dub but I could be completely wrong on that.

P.S. Is Beck any good? Someone I talked to who was also browsing the anime recommended it.

I quite liked Beck as well. I would say to give it a shot. (Also, Full Moon Sway is sweet)

I think I need some new anime to get into. If anyone knows anything like Paranoia Agent or Welcome to the NHK (or a romantic comedy) that is good, they should let me know. I may have to check out Needless, as well as the others on my list (Gantz, Berserk, among others).

Episode 6 of Highschool of the Dead.....I dunno why, but I REALLY liked this episode a lot (minus the crazy amount of fan service).

Alright, I've finally given into the whole Anime thing. I've seen most of Hayao Miyazaki's filmography, and I've been watching a lot of Dragonball Z and Death Note. Other than what I've listed, I haven't seen anything else anime-related (other than obvious childhood favorites like Pokemon, Digimon, and Yu-Gi-Oh). I'm looking for some shows/movies that contain a fair amount of violence and action, but have nothing to do with giant mechs, or anything TOO sci-fi heavy. Any suggestions? I've been told I'd enjoy Black Lagoon and Blood+, but I haven't found the time to check those out. Thanks!

I'm looking for some shows/movies that contain a fair amount of violence and action, but have nothing to do with giant mechs, or anything TOO sci-fi heavy. Any suggestions?

Time to dust off the oldest suggestion in the book:

Trigun-01.jpg

I never got into Blood+ because of my aversion to nearly all things involving vampires, but I can tell it's pretty good if you like that sort of thing. Black Lagoon was recommended to me strongly by one friend, but I never got round to looking at it.

I had a really weird dream about Code Geass last night. I dreamed that there was a new series, somehow Lelouch wasn't dead, and he, his sister and some unknown brother were leading a revolution against the new Britannia.

I wish I could remember more.

An unknown brother, even more unknown than 'Rolo of The Suspicously Sudden Appearance'? :shifty:

• Like 1

I will second stoke's recommendation. Trigun is freakin' awesome!

Fun fact, even though most people here probably prefer subs: Johnny Yong Bosch, aka Adam the second Black Ranger from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, does Vash the Stampede's voice in the dub. And Trigun is one of the few series I recommend checking out the dub version of to pro-sub snobs. (The only other series I recommend that way are The Big O and the Ed-free episodes of Cowboy Bebop)

*edit* Stoke, I'm into vampires and I didn't really care for Blood+. I do want to check out the live action movie sometime, but I don't recommend the animated series when I'm giving out/asked for recommendations.

However, I do recommend Black Lagoon. Unfortunately, I still haven't seen the entire series, but I watched a good chunk of it and liked what I saw. I came very close to picking up the Black Lagoon complete series boxed set a few months ago, but didn't. And now I'm in financial trouble so I can't afford it.

I was watching it on either Encore or Starz back when they showed anime and had to drop some channels for financial reasons and only got to see about half the show. I also missed a good portion of Samurai Deeper Kyo and the series Tactics, which I only saw two episodes of, because of that. (I got the Encore channels package back last year, but not Starz, and they don't show anime anymore, anyway)

Edited by GhostMachine

An unknown brother, even more unknown than 'Rolo of The Suspicously Sudden Appearance'? :shifty:

ROLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :crying:

HotD episode 8

....so, they crash, and can't get anywhere, that's fine. How about, they, you know, all jump the wire? NOT THAT HARD! Stupid people.

And with that preview? I'm scared they're gonna kill Saeko :(

Been watching a lot of dragon ball z lately, only on the sayian saa but it reminds how much I really do like my anime was just wondering if anyone could recommend me some other anime worth watching simliar to the way dragon ball is made but i'm open to anything really.

Been watching a lot of dragon ball z lately, only on the sayian saa but it reminds how much I really do like my anime was just wondering if anyone could recommend me some other anime worth watching simliar to the way dragon ball is made but i'm open to anything really.

I'm not a big Dragonball Z fan, so I can't really help you there. But you should check out the Dragonball Z Kai version of the series, if that's not the version you're watching. Its a remastered and redubbed version (and some voice actors are different, most notably the Narrator, Gohan and Bulma), but the important thing is they cut out a lot of the boring filler crap.

Edited by GhostMachine

HotD episode 8

....so, they crash, and can't get anywhere, that's fine. How about, they, you know, all jump the wire? NOT THAT HARD! Stupid people.

And with that preview? I'm scared they're gonna kill Saeko :(

My initial reaction to the anime's logic in this matter is that there were so many advancing so quickly that they needed to make a stand then and there or risk being overrun if they turn and make a break over the fence.

It was strange seeing the army at the end there bend the fence open with their feet when their humvee didn't even bend the fucking things, but nonetheless I get what the anime's trying to do here having read the manga. They're squeezing together two different chapters into one episode, and that's fine since they kind-of have to to fit their episode cap and all. I just don't like the fence thing that much because in the manga they just crawled through it, that was always an option for them. The writers tried to come up with a way to separate the group for the Saeko/Takashi chapter arc, they just didn't do the best job they could have.

A complete boxset of Mai HiME for £14.99? Yes please.

A legitimate one too, unlike the pirated Hong Kong one I bought 4 or 5 years back...the subs of which called Mikoto "Akira", and Akira "Akira" as well. :shifty:

Another very enjoyable episode of Highschool of the Dead! The more Saeko I can get on my screen, the better.

Although, judging from the last little bit of the episode....

Sounds like the main character is gonna heel turn on everyone to survive.

Found a good website for anime and decided to rewatch Digimon as well as try some new series'. I forgot how good a character Matt is in this, he's got a unique relationship with all the other main characters and is generally a really empathetic character [/random]