The Anime Thread

Ruki

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Mandalay Pictures has acquired theatrical rights to and is set to develop Full Metal Panic for the big screen.

Full Metal Panic is a Japanese manga series set in a world without adults, and blends action, comedy and high school romance. Based off of the writing of Shoji Gatoh, the story revolves around a teenage anti-terrorist commando, Sousuke Sagara, sent with the mission to protect a high-school girl with mystical powers.

Zac Efron is rumored to be a part of the project, but nothing is official.

Opinions? Personally, I am still waiting on the Akira adaptation....and Battle Royale. And really, no adults? :/

Zac Efron shouldn't be involved in this. Because he should be involved in a US Death Note film as Light because Jesus H. Christ does he ever look like Light.

If Zac Efron proves he can overact, I'd totally be there for a US Death Note with him as Light.

Fixed in relation to the requirements for portraying Light Yagami properly.

FMP always was a format that I figured would translate well into a Western adaptation...besides the mechas, of course. Not entirely sure about the 'Whispered' aspect either. But the heart and soul of the show (idiot military boy versus strong common-sense female lead) = money.

Edited by stokeriño

I could maybe see Zac Efron as a Gundam pilot - depending on which Gundam series it was based on; wouldn't want him anywhere near a live-action Gundam Wing or 08th MS Team movie, for instance. Not sure about him playing Light, though.

Anyone got any ideas regarding who would make a good Lalouche if they did a live-action Code Geass?

Otafest is pleased to announce that we have been granted the Canadian premier of “Death Note: L, Change the WorLd.”

Having seen the other two movies, they were.......ok. Anyone hear about this one?

Otafest is pleased to announce that we have been granted the Canadian premier of “Death Note: L, Change the WorLd.”

Having seen the other two movies, they were.......ok. Anyone hear about this one?

I've heard it's really awful.

So, new FMA anime... I can't be the only one praying that we get the animated fight between

Mustang and Lust. That was one of the highlights of the manga for me. Even though I think I enjoyed the Anime more. >_> Manga did have the advantage of having plenty more BARRY DA CHOPPER~~~ though. Hopefully this new series gives us plenty more of Hughes and ALEX LOUIS ARMSTRONG!

I don't know if I like this new series too much. I know its probably just because I've seen it all so far, and for the moment, there's nothing that's really new, but there are certain frames that are exactly the fucking same, and I don't like it.

For example, when Ed is reading the black book with the ingredients for a human, when the chimera bites his arm and then he kicks it. It's not just familiar, but exactly the same. I presume it's to do with iconic frames in the manga, I just don't like it.

And the pace is really too fast. They're trying to cram too much into 20 minutes.

Sorry for the double post but Tsubasa Chronicles is really fucking awesome. First romance in an anime that I've ever given 2 shits about. Only up to ep 6, but I'm loving it.

Edited by Major Momo Hughes

Tsubasa Chronicles is the thing by the people that did like, Card Captors or some other anime similar to that, right? Not to bad mouth it, because I started watching it when it was first being released and enjoyed it (I prefered the manga though).

How many episodes is it/does it pick up? I remember the first 3-4 eps being awesome in a shoe, but then it taking a turn for the worst.

EDIT: AND WHY DO THEY TAKE SO LONG TO RELEASE NEW EPISODES OF THE HELLSING OVA :@ :@ :@

Edited by TKz

Tsubasa Chronicles is by CLAMP, yes. And it's essentially a great big character crossover/mashup from other CLAMP creations. As far as I know, only Fai and Kurogane were original characters.

I grew tired of the Tsubasa anime pretty quickly, but managed to hang on until the end of season 1. This is partially due to the mangas doing it all with better quality (having already read them), but I eventually stopped getting the mangas as well - because the series was suffering horribly from Shikon Syndrome and just became kind of bland and repetitive. The average-to-poor production on the anime didn't help it either - and also all the plot bits that they changed/shifted around from the mangas only served to make it worse and/or slower-paced.

I'm told that the mangas pick back up again 3 or 4 volumes after I left off (which was vol. 9 or 10, I think), but I haven't been bothered to try buying them again.

Edited by stokeriño

Yeah, I seem to remember that being my problem with it. Then again, when I was younger I got through hundreds of episodes of Naruto and One Piece yet still enjoyed it when it was basically the same thing. >_>

Actually One Piece is still awesome as far as I'm concerned. There goes my street cred >_>