The Anime Thread

Ruki

Get Big O if you can find it. The first season, anyway. The second is mostly one big storyarc with a WTF?! ending.

Oh, and I read something I find funny if true: the actual Japanese title of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood translates in English to.....Fullmetal Alchemist: Fullmetal Alchemist.

I tried watching a few of those movies Stok suggested. Both Howl's Moving Castle and My Neighbor Totoro were alright but not up my alley. Howl started off decent but I really didn't like the ending. It was kind of lame. Totoro was nice enough but I didn't find much substance in it. I guess I was hoping for more.

I wish they were more like Princess Monoke. :(

FMA: B Ep 14. Best episode so far. It's the first time they've really diverted from the original anime's storyline, and I have to say, I'm liking it.

The Wrath (Fuhrer) v Greed was an enjoyable scene (poor subs aside). The angles used worked to maximum effect.

I have to wonder where Trisha Elric and Izumi's child come into this though. If they don't, then how is a homonculus created? Where is Dante? Who is Pride?

Those questions are rhetorical btw. It's just that this series has really only captured my interest for the first time with this episode.

Aye. It's when they get to stuff involving Greed that the mangas veer off wildly from the original anime (or technically vice-versa), so FMA:B should get good from that point on. Hopefully people from Xing will start turning up sooner rather than later, though I can't remember quite when they did so in the mangas.

We only discovered who Pride was in the most recent FMA manga (vol 18?), so there's a hell of a long way to go till that.

As for Dante...

She doesn't appear in the mangas at all, and so presumably will not do in FMA:B either.
Edited by stokeriño

So either I need a new series soon, or I will be re-watching something. Before bed, I watch 2-4 episodes of anything really, and last night I finished off Fate Stay Night. I have 4 movies (Totoro, Fireflies, Mononoke, and...I'm forgetting the other) to watch, but after that...re-runs.

Give me something new, people!

Hopefully people from Xing will start turning up sooner rather than later

There's a promo for episode 15 with them in it, so there you go.

See if you can find Martian Successor Nadesico anywhere.

Amen. Great characters and one of the best opening title sequences and themes ever. (I have "You Get To Burning" on my Mp3 player)

Also one of the best moments of anime theme Engrish ever. Great song but every time I see the title I can't help but laugh.

Uuuuuuuuuugh Lorina and I are so behind on Pandora Hearts, and we're still stuck on the third or forth episode of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya, and I don't think she's watched anymore episodes of Real Drive either. We're in a bit of an anime block right now, just too much else going on for us to think to watch any, and we both complain about it constantly :shifty:

Here's the Nadesico opening, with the lyrics translated on the bottom of the screen (this is the Japanese version of the opening, but its pretty much the same as the American release except for the title logo):

One of the best moments of anime theme Engrish ever? Nay! Its THE best, as far as I'm concerned.

*edit* Forgot to mention two other anime series that are pretty good, in my opinion: Samurai Deeper Kyo and Vandread. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see all of Samurai Deeper Kyo, but I did see the majority of it. (It was on Encore Action, and I had to drop it and a few other cable channels - unfortunately one of those others was BBC America, so no Doctor Who for me for a while....)

Edited by GhostMachine