The Anime Thread

Ruki

Vandread is good, but Nadesico should be watched before it. After all, you shouldn't watch the rip-off before you watch the thing it's ripping-off.

(Not that Vandread doesn't rip heavily from Gundam et al, but you've got to start somewhere :shifty:)

Vandread is good, but Nadesico should be watched before it. After all, you shouldn't watch the rip-off before you watch the thing it's ripping-off.

(Not that Vandread doesn't rip heavily from Gundam et al, but you've got to start somewhere :shifty:)

You've got a point.

And even if you prefer subs, I'd suggest watching at least a couple episodes of the Vandread dub, because the voice actress doing Dita's voice is great. (Hearing Dita call Hibiki "Mr. Alien" is one of my favorite things about the dubbed version) The dub also has several of my favorite voice actresses in it - most notably Lia Sargent, Wendee Lee and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn - and Stephen Blum as Duelo.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at the concept of Sekirei way back when people in an RP I'm in elsewhere started apping from it and then cringed and moved on with my life. No thanks.

Yeeaaaaah, Lorina and I did the same thing. We were behind like four episodes or so so we just spent a day catching up on everything. It's... it's really, really sucky knowing we still have to wait each week for another episode because damn it they love their cliffhangers so much.

At the same time it's really nice because it's been some time since the last anime we waited for in anticipation week to week. The characters are really nicely developed so far and the story just keeps getting more and more fleshed out and complex. I love it.

... yeah, because seriously, the last few episodes have been intense as all hell.

The whole thing with the story behind the Tragedy of Sabrie, Vincent and Gil being involved back then with Alice somehow, the whole thing with Break's Mad Hatter and the Cheshire Cat and how Vincent basically outsmarted Break to get to Alice's memory, the double-crossing Vincent (expectedly) was doing with Pandora, Oz's relationship with Alice advancing and then Jack Bezarius all but living through Oz at this point... everything's picked up in a huge way and the story's really began to build on itself. I've loved it.