The Anime Thread

Ruki

Macross Zero is just like any other piece of the Macross franchise. i.e. a lot of transforming jet/mechas and a curious focus on the power of song (of the variety that may or may not be capable of defeating an entire intergalactic alien empire).

Edited by stokeriño

Oh, Macross... I need to try and give you another watch. My best friend started Lorina and I on Macross Frontier and we enjoyed the few episodes we watched but just... never started watching it after. They were good, there was an interest, but... I dunno, it's weird, we just don't have enough of a desire to pick it back up right now.

So, there were two Pandora Hearts cosplayers at the anime con I went to over the weekend, pretty cool....although I still haven't watched anymore. Been watching Claymore, which is a pretty awesome series....and re-watching Code Geass with the dubs.....apparently C.C's name is pronounced C-2.

• Like 2

But I've been calling her C-C for months now! It annoys me <_<

Finished Claymore, they could do with a second series, but was good none the less. So, got two more series to watch and then I need to hunt again.

I still need to watch the new FMA episodes.

also, rewatched some Geass, and it kinda annoys me that Xingke's illness or whatever is never resolved. His Knightmare was in the epilogue, so I guess he's alright - but they never really did anything with his illness other than "ohshi look xingke's coughing up blood! Again!"

• Like 1

Eh, I suppose it added a tiny bit of tension to fight scenes... Like, might he actually keel over and die before he was done decimating everyone.

He never did in retrospect, but it could have happened, and that's what counts. >_>

After much soul searching, and discussion with my loved ones, I've decided to watch One Piece. From the Begninning. All 400 episodes.

It's worth it. From the Arlong arc onwards, discounting filler (when you get to the arc about the dragon that I think comes after said Arlong arc, SKIP IT. You've got more than enough to catch up on anyway) it's the most consistently great of the long-running shounen series.

I need a new sub group, though; Vegapunk started doing subs again but then has stalled out after episode 377 and I'm sick of waiting on them.

After much soul searching, and discussion with my loved ones, I've decided to watch One Piece. From the Begninning. All 400 episodes.

It's worth it. From the Arlong arc onwards, discounting filler (when you get to the arc about the dragon that I think comes after said Arlong arc, SKIP IT. You've got more than enough to catch up on anyway) it's the most consistently great of the long-running shounen series.

I need a new sub group, though; Vegapunk started doing subs again but then has stalled out after episode 377 and I'm sick of waiting on them.

Oh god, I loved One Piece when I was way into Anime. It's the only Manga I actually enjoy going back to every so often and catching up. The characters all tend to be a bit on the empty side sometimes, but then they come back out of nowhere and you still care about them when bad things happen. Also the newest members of the group are freakin' awesome. Love Franky and the Skeleton guy. It's also one of the few Animes I still find funny.

I'm apparently two episodes away from finishing this arc, but if episode eight is like the four before it I'd say watch episodes two, three, and then skip to nine because jack shit happens in between those points.

It's kinda worth watching the whole of Endless Eight because by episode 4 or 5, you really start to empathize with the characters. Plus, you can say you sat through one of the worst ideas in the history of entertainment.

In regards to One Piece: A goofy main character in a red coat, a woman who hangs out with the main characters but isn't technically associated with them, a swordsman, and a gangster lookin' guy. Why in the hell didn't I realize this show was a Lupin the 3rd knockoff before?