The Anime Thread

Ruki

What really kills me about Endless Eight is that they always go out of the way to include the Yuki line about all the things that have happened differently in past iterations of it only to never ever ever change the sequence of events in the actual episodes. It's like a line designed to mock fans with the possibility of not watching the same episode for the fifth week in a row that will never come to fruition.

Just how much Code Geass manga is there? I was at the mall today and they had a CG manga that I think focuses on Suzaku. (I didn't have time to pick it up and take a look at it) Is it a prequel, sequel, side-story, or what?

The Suzaku one is an alternative telling of the same (or very similar) story, I think. Suzaku is the lead rather than Lelouch, thereby instantly making it lamer. :shifty:

Okay, so I should avoid it like the f'n plague, then.

Should've done a CG with C.C. as the lead, dammit!

Suzaku's badass by the end. He does, however, spend a significant amount of time being one hell of a tool. :P

And one with CC as the lead...?

"Hmm, what to do in this room all day?"

*nom nom, pizza*

Suzaku's badass by the end. He does, however, spend a significant amount of time being one hell of a tool. :P

*nom nom, pizza*

EXACTLY! (Y)

What really kills me about Endless Eight is that they always go out of the way to include the Yuki line about all the things that have happened differently in past iterations of it only to never ever ever change the sequence of events in the actual episodes. It's like a line designed to mock fans with the possibility of not watching the same episode for the fifth week in a row that will never come to fruition.

For some reason, I wanted to see them work in that call center she mentioned.

Suzaku's badass by the end. He does, however, spend a significant amount of time being one hell of a tool. tongue.gif

*nom nom, pizza*

EXACTLY! thumbsup.gif

Best. Anime. Ever.

Get me on the phone with all the anime production studios!

So, during the Arrancar arc of Bleach do they just try to see how many new intros they can fit in or what? I swear the last four episodes have had a new intro video and a new opening song.

• Like 1

Suzaku's badass by the end. He does, however, spend a significant amount of time being one hell of a tool. tongue.gif

*nom nom, pizza*

EXACTLY! thumbsup.gif

Best. Anime. Ever.

Get me on the phone with all the anime production studios!

OF COURSE YOU'D LIKE AN ANIME ABOUT EATING PIZZA. 'CAUSE YOU'RE FAT. AND A GINGER. AND YOU WORK AT A RADIO STATION. AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahHHDSFBHDHFDFDSggggggggghhh.

My Neighbor Totoro is still as good as it was in 1988. That cat-bus is also still creepy as fuck. Studio Ghibli marathons are fun.

So, FMA: Brotherhood, how long does it take for the episodes to start going in a different direction to the first anime? I'm enjoying watching it thus far as I loved FMA when I first watched, but I don't think I'm really in the mood to rewatch like 20 episodes all with just a few modified or new scenes.

So, FMA: Brotherhood, how long does it take for the episodes to start going in a different direction to the first anime? I'm enjoying watching it thus far as I loved FMA when I first watched, but I don't think I'm really in the mood to rewatch like 20 episodes all with just a few modified or new scenes.

It hits where the anime went off the rails from the manga's plot at around episode twelve or so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finished watching School Days yesterday. I thought it was just another romance anime, and wow. I really don't know what to say. The ending was completely fucked up. It really worked on an emotional level, and I think I'm in love with the anime.

Ignoring the first few episodes, which are pretty generic/fan-servicish and blah, School Days is pretty awesome. It certainly was one where I watched the first episode, thought "eh, not amazing" - then heard about the ending, watched a bit of that and thought "holy shit, I'd better watch it from the start!"

Normally TV series which are based off dating sim games (which all have multiple endings in the game itself) go for the happy ending with the 'main' girl...which is of course dull. Very dull. However in this case, they went for the (very VERY) 'bad' ending, which is achieved when the player doesn't actually pursue any one particular girl, but is just a whore with all of them. These girls should have learned - never ask him a question that would require him to say "no", for he is clearly incapable!

Moral message: Don't be a Man Whore. Especially if you're not fond of kitchen knives. :shifty:

I'm gonna talk at length about the ending, so I think it's better to put spoiler tags.

I think the most fucked up part was the realism when he was getting killed. Dunno if I can explain this, but most, or all, of the animes I have seen to this date, when dealing with death, are unrealistic in a sense that the person who dies either "accepts their death" and calmly dies, or is just surprised (eg, villains: "I can't believe you actually beat me!"), or sacrifice themselves in a heroic manner.

With School Days, it didn't happen that way. You could feel Makoto's shock, terror and pain while he was being stabbed by Sekai. That, combined with the flashbacks of "happy times" and a beautiful song, IMO, really makes it a fucked up scene. (Not to say he didn't deserve it, though :shifty: )

Of course, Kotonoha cutting Sekai open to see if she was pregnant and hugging Makoto's severed head on the boat is completely fucked up as well, but it was to be expected she'd do something like that, since she had gone completely insane as the series came to an end.

Oh yeah, and the uncensored ending > censored ending.

I really enjoyed this series, in a sick kind of way, and I did not expect it. I don't regret watching it one bit.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat