The Anime Thread

Ruki

• 2 weeks later...

AHHHH, I need more school based comedy, I've seen School Rumble, Azumanga Daioh and Ouran High School Host club. All 3 are amazing, I need more. I just started watching Lovely Complex and while it seems to be pretty good, its not on par with the aforemention trifecta of amazement. Oh and I've seen Full Metal Panic all seasons. Which is sort of a school comedy :P. Oh and Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya. I think thats all of them

Am I missing something? A crucial anime that is too funny to miss? Please say so. I need laughter and I need it by the ton.

• Like 1

Not only do I not get it, I just had to read a page of Naruto. I'll be right back, scrubbing the Naruto off of me.

Not only do I not get it, I just had to read a page of Naruto. I'll be right back, scrubbing the Naruto off of me.

Kisame, quite literally, got his head taken off by a double lariat.

Here it he set-up.

About a year ago we where introduced to the character "Killer Bee", which is the guy who started out on the ground this. His debut appearence was a fight against Sasuke and stable of lackeys. Sasuke at the time is a heel/tweener working for the big bads, and they need Killer Bee captured alive.

At first Sasuke tries to fight him alone. Well Killer Bee's first move ends up being this sonic the Hedgehog looking spin and Sasuke flying threw the air with 7 swords shoved in his torso. Before he can die, Sasuke's group manages to save him and bring him back into the fight, but each and every one of them go down at least once during the fight.

In the end it looked like Sasuke's group finally managed to take him down. Killer Bee's village is Cloud village, and one of guys from the village spotted the fight and they went back to report what happened. The Cloud village also appears to be where all the black and white people have been hiding until now. The leader of the Cloud Village, the Raikage, is also Killer Bee's older brother.

Well it turns out that Killer Bee wasn't captured. Instead Sasuke carried a clone back and the bad guys where none too pleased. Instead of going home, Killer Bee decides to let his village believe he is still missing because it would make for an excellent opportunity for him to take a vacation.

So there is a long stretch where we don't see Killer Bee and during the break Raikage also has a fight with Sasuke. Raikage's is strong and durable enough to jump through walls that are several feet thick head on and face first. He also charges his body up with electricity to stun his opponents when he touches them and exclusively fights using pro-wrestling moves. There is a part where he hits Sasuke with a Lariat, follows that up with a power bomb, and finished things off with a tombstone pile driver for good measure.

So Kisame, who works for the Big bads finally tracks Killer Bee down do Sasuke's job. Turns out Kisame's sword is every bit as alive as he is and has a personality of it's own. During the fight Kisame does a whole lot of heel moves like attacking Killer Bee's defenseless friends. Then an unexpected twist happens. Kisame's sword, samahada, does a heel-face turns and joins Killer Bee. Kisame attacks his old sword and picks up a steel chair! a discarded sword he's just about to attack Killer Bee with it when the chapter starts.

So, has anyone seen Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari yet?

Its a Tenchi Muyo Spin-off OVA series. 9 episodes have aired in Japan, it's going to be 13 episodes long at the end, and so far only 6 of them have been subbed.

Kenshi Masaki is the half brother of Tenchi Masaki and used tolive in Japan, that is until he was summoned to the land of Geminar.The Land of Geminar has been witness to an endless amount of wars thathave been fought using Seikijin, bio-mechanical weapons controlled by acapable warrior called a Seikishi using magic power called Ahou. It isrevealed that Kenshi is an amazing Seikishi and it seems someone has areason for Kenshi to be in Geminar, but who and why are not known.

...That's bizarre. I thought they'd finally given up on the Tenchi Muyo franchise after GXP flopped.

But then, I guess it's only an OAV, and virtually anything can get the cash for a straight-to-DVD production if it has a recognisable name on it. I can't immediately see why it's a spin-off though - other than to say "this guy's his half brother". Presumably one or two of the Tenchi Muyo regulars pop up occasionally in entirely pointless fashion. >_>

Edit: After looking up its (obviously small) Wiki article...I honestly can't see any link at all. It may very well just be any generic fantasy-ish series with the Tenchi Muyo link slapped onto it to gain interest.

But more importantly:

Isekainoseikishimonogatari.jpg

Is that Evangelion-01 I see in the top left? :shifty:

Never heard of Tenchi Muyo.....worth looking into?

In a word: no.

In a few more words: It's an early 90s proto-harem anime that time hasn't been kind to. Most of the characters are hideously annoying, to be honest.

With that said, I do own Tenchi Universe on a Hong Kong rip-off DVD boxset, and I do have the opening theme on my computer somewhere...both English and Japanese versions. :pervert: