The Anime Thread

Ruki

Never said I didn't, truth be told I didn't actually watch it. I'll have a look sometime, but still, the point was directed more at the GL one :P

Never said I didn't, truth be told I didn't actually watch it. I'll have a look sometime, but still, the point was directed more at the GL one :P

Ahh, you should read/watch Fist of the North Star if you ever have a chance. Not only was it the title that launched Weekly Shonen Jump and made it a viable publication. Not only has it been referenced in such series as Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Dragonball, One Piece, ect. but when most anime and manga authors are generally asked about what their favorite Manga was, the most common answer has always been Hakuto No Ken.

Besides that, the majority of the cast are way more bad ass than just about any other series out there. Don't get me wrong, the cast of Gurren Lagann was pretty damn good, but they don't hold a candle to Hakuto No Ken in the Gar Department.

Currently attempting to nudge myself back into the anime vibe by rewatching good series that I've only ever seen once before (when they were originally released).

Hence, I'm up to episode 9 of Gankutsuou. Excellent stuff. Though I'm a bit of a sucker for Dumas anyway, to be honest.

Not sure what I can look at after I've finished with that. I'll have to skim over the release schedules from around 2003-2006 to see if any forgotten gem catches my eye.

So Lorina got my into Claymore recently.

HOLY SHIT I LOVE THIS ANIME OH MY GOD. According to her there's not a single filler episode in the entire thing-- it's like 20-something episodes I believe-- and so far I'm on episode 11 without a single filler episode so far. It's a very nice change of pace. All action based, and for an anime entirely based around an ungodly strong organization of half-demon women, it's remarkably reserved and focused more on the action and violence. There's hardly, if any, fanservice at all thus far... it takes itself VERY seriously but in a good way and just, just damn.

Possibly one of the best action-oriented fantasy-themed animes I've seen in, well, in a really long time. Highly recommend it.

So Lorina got my into Claymore recently.

HOLY SHIT I LOVE THIS ANIME OH MY GOD. According to her there's not a single filler episode in the entire thing-- it's like 20-something episodes I believe-- and so far I'm on episode 11 without a single filler episode so far. It's a very nice change of pace. All action based, and for an anime entirely based around an ungodly strong organization of half-demon women, it's remarkably reserved and focused more on the action and violence. There's hardly, if any, fanservice at all thus far... it takes itself VERY seriously but in a good way and just, just damn.

Possibly one of the best action-oriented fantasy-themed animes I've seen in, well, in a really long time. Highly recommend it.

I watched it a few months ago, I quite enjoyed it. Although it kinda takes a dive around episode 20.....seriously? We didn't need them to go into the future to stop Hitler :/

• 2 weeks later...

Since the search function doesn't work - does anyone know if Dragonball Kai is likely to be redubbed at any point? I know people always say originals are better, but I just can't be bothered watching something I originally saw in english in another language, call it a quirk <_<

Since the search function doesn't work - does anyone know if Dragonball Kai is likely to be redubbed at any point? I know people always say originals are better, but I just can't be bothered watching something I originally saw in english in another language, call it a quirk <_<

I'd say there is decent chance of it, but I don't know if there is any official word on it yet.

If it does happen there is a decent chance that the voice cast might be completely different.

• Like 1

I've not got a huge issue with the voices being different, it's more the language thing, it'd be like hearing Hugo Savinovich and Carlos Cabrera in Spanish whilst watching RAW >_>

Think I'll see how much the original bothers me and decide if I'd rather wait. Cheers Slide :)

Truth be told, the thread's more of a discussion on anime thread than it is a AMV-posting thread. I'd welcome you to start up an AMV thread, by all means, but like I said... the anime thread's point was more on the anime themselves than it was AMVs, really :P

Also, Slide, if you have something you want to add to a post, please edit it in rather than double-post a minute after your original.